Battlefield V (2018)

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I kind of see it the other way around... Battlefied 1's success inspired the COD series to go back to WWII. I think they logically saw BF's next step would be WWII so they jumped on that first so you would then see things like this where people say BF is following COD back to WWII. Lets be honest, if COD went to WWI people would just scream ripoff.

Also, would LOVE a Bad Company 3! They need to keep the same characters though.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I kind of see it the other way around... Battlefied 1's success inspired the COD series to go back to WWII. I think they logically saw BF's next step would be WWII so they jumped on that first so you would then see things like this where people say BF is following COD back to WWII. Lets be honest, if COD went to WWI people would just scream ripoff.

Also, would LOVE a Bad Company 3! They need to keep the same characters though.

Yes give me another Bad Company. Had a blast with 2 and Vietnam.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Oh good, we get to retread well-worn territory.

Yippee.

There is no creative cowardice, like videogame industry creative cowardice.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
There's about a 0% chance that EA lets DICE make Bad Company 3 before they deliver a Battle Royale game. Which would be alright with me. A 60-80 player Battle Royale game with Bad Company mechanics on the DICE engine.

Reactions: 99664987
Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
There's about a 0% chance that EA lets DICE make Bad Company 3 before they deliver a Battle Royale game. Which would be alright with me. A 60-80 player Battle Royale game with Bad Company mechanics on the DICE engine.

Out of all the current popular shooting games, Battlefield is probably one of the easier ones to adapt a BR mode for. Even if they kept it at 64 players, all dropping in on their big maps could be a lot of fun.

My big worry for this game is what they plan to do with microtransactions

Reactions: dingbathero

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
If I remember correctly wasn't Bad Company 1 the first game DICE developed the MP for with EA with the Forstbite engine?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Out of all the current popular shooting games, Battlefield is probably one of the easier ones to adapt a BR mode for. Even if they kept it at 64 players, all dropping in on their big maps could be a lot of fun.

My big worry for this game is what they plan to do with microtransactions
BR mode with weather and destructible maps is all I want.

"Oh you're gonna hide in that building, lemme toss a few nades or plant some explosives and crumble that building on your head."

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
It’s a damn shame the team will never replicate what made Bad Company 2 so great again. Battlefield 4 was good once DICE LA fixed it and added new content, but DICE Stockholm hasn’t done anything particularly good in 8 years now.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It’s a damn shame the team will never replicate what made Bad Company 2 so great again. Battlefield 4 was good once DICE LA fixed it and added new content, but DICE Stockholm hasn’t done anything particularly good in 8 years now.
I never played bad company 2 what was so special about it?

There was one battlefield I played that I really enjoyed. The one where you can warp into other AI characters during gameplay. That one was a lot of fun.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I never played bad company 2 what was so special about it?

There was one battlefield I played that I really enjoyed. The one where you can warp into other AI characters during gameplay. That one was a lot of fun.

Good map design, balanced gameplay, fun weapons to use, meaningful but fair progression system, good destructible environments, plenty of fun game modes, etc.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I probably will be sticking to the non-battle royale modes. I hate game modes with only one life. So boring.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

terrible. In my opinion Battlefield multiplayer is not a solo style shooter. The only reason I buy battlefield is to work with others to hit objectives and to work as a team. I hope they don't dump too much time and resources into the battle royale mode.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
The trailer sucked, but everything else seems sweet.

I’m really hoping they learned from Battlefront 2 though. No premium pass is good, but the battle pack system is very, very bad.

The comments are hilarious.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I have to say I had a slight feeling of this when bf1 launched, really thought it when cod wwii came out, and this trailer really solidifies.

It kind of seems like these historical games are almost in bad taste now. When it was on the PS2 with the cardboard textures it didn't really matter how corny or over the top it was, but for some reason the more realistic graphics just emphasizes it.

Maybe I'm alone.

Reactions: Pilky01

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad