Battlefield V (2018)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Open beta is a huuuge improvement on the alpha and you guys should like it

Nothing quite like diving with a Stuka and taking out a tank with a perfect drop to save your teammates.

They managed to make semi auto rifles good.

Sep 19, 2008
It is. Saw 2 people on my Origin playing it last night.

Download is about halfway done so should complete when I get home.

Sep 19, 2008
Open beta is a huuuge improvement on the alpha and you guys should like it

Nothing quite like diving with a Stuka and taking out a tank with a perfect drop to save your teammates.

They managed to make semi auto rifles good.

I see a lot of criticism about this game (not about the woman in the sp mode) but rather what I chalk up to be "Battlefield fatigue". Honestly all the videos I've seen of Rotterdamn look damn good. When I get home today I will continue my download and try this open beta out.

Will you download the beta @Hammettf2b

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I see a lot of criticism about this game (not about the woman in the sp mode) but rather what I chalk up to be "Battlefield fatigue". Honestly all the videos I've seen of Rotterdamn look damn good. When I get home today I will continue my download and try this open beta out.

Will you download the beta @Hammettf2b
totally forgot about the beta. I will download it. how long does the beta last?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Played some more. Beta is fun but has some issues, mainly the upgrade system.

Maxed out the British bomber and am close with the Tiger. Vehicles feel okay. They are lethal if they know where you are but with no doritos to shoot at that's actually pretty hard. The tiger in particular has a slow turret traverse so you spend a lot of time paranoid about being flanked by infantry.

Rotterdam is a hellish meatgrinder, should be a fan favorite.

The STG was OP as f*** in the alpha and it's even worse in the beta with the upgrade system.

I can feel the life leaving my computer as it strains to render this game, I need to get a new card by November.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub
Sep 19, 2008
Played some more. Beta is fun but has some issues, mainly the upgrade system.

Maxed out the British bomber and am close with the Tiger. Vehicles feel okay. They are lethal if they know where you are but with no doritos to shoot at that's actually pretty hard. The tiger in particular has a slow turret traverse so you spend a lot of time paranoid about being flanked by infantry.

Rotterdam is a hellish meatgrinder, should be a fan favorite.

The STG was OP as **** in the alpha and it's even worse in the beta with the upgrade system.

I can feel the life leaving my computer as it strains to render this game, I need to get a new card by November.

It is a bit slow, might upgrade the memory. I know it took a long time for it to quit. At least in game everything seemed a little fluid, at least for Rotterdam. Then you switch to the snow map and there's a bit of rendering delay. Again, probably a memory issue and also about time to upgrade the card here too.

I noticed in Rotterdam while bunkering down with teammates that the girl that is so often promoted in the opening screen as well as marketing campaigns is present. I was like, whoa, what are YOU doing here. Then I nodded my head. If this game allows you to have that girl as an avatar online that would be pretty damn cool.

@Hammettf2b Did you resolve your memory issues and play the game successfully last night

Sep 19, 2008

I went 3-10 in my first round which is a pretty bad K:D but apparently from what I see on reddit this game takes some time to get used to. It's not like other Battlefield games.

Cautiously optimistic.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Downloaded the beta last night but wasn't able to try it out. Hoping to play a few rounds later this evening

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
It is a bit slow, might upgrade the memory. I know it took a long time for it to quit. At least in game everything seemed a little fluid, at least for Rotterdam. Then you switch to the snow map and there's a bit of rendering delay. Again, probably a memory issue and also about time to upgrade the card here too.

I noticed in Rotterdam while bunkering down with teammates that the girl that is so often promoted in the opening screen as well as marketing campaigns is present. I was like, whoa, what are YOU doing here. Then I nodded my head. If this game allows you to have that girl as an avatar online that would be pretty damn cool.

@Hammettf2b Did you resolve your memory issues and play the game successfully last night
I don't think its a memory issue. take a look in the pc building guide for my findings.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Not interested in a WW2 game that twists history so much. It comes out as a total bubble wrapped joke.

When are video games going to stop becoming virtue signalling devices?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
can you not go around healing your team anymore as a medic? It seems like it gives you one health pack and thats it?

you can.

for medic pouches, to heal yourself, hold the key. to heal someone else, look towards them and tap the key. it will throw a pouch to them.

as for medic box, you set it down and anyone who needs heals has to walk up to the box and press E to get healed

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
you can.

for medic pouches, to heal yourself, hold the key. to heal someone else, look towards them and tap the key. it will throw a pouch to them.

as for medic box, you set it down and anyone who needs heals has to walk up to the box and press E to get healed
I could have sworn it kept saying i didn't have anymore pouches. ill give it another look.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I could have sworn it kept saying i didn't have anymore pouches. ill give it another look.

yes it seems to be a visual bug. I had the same thing happening but it still let me throw pouches

im not sure I like the new ammo/medic pouch system. it makes being a medic or a support a more intensive job. you cant just throw down pouches any more. you have to actively look around for people who need what youve got. more realistic, but quite annoying

Sep 19, 2008
The new medic system is odd. I used to heal myself after injury by just dropping a medic pack. Now I have to press a key to keep healing going?

This game has made some adjustments and it'll take some time to get used to them.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Has anyone else had troubles with squads? Played one game earlier & hopping back on now but in that game it was bouncing me around squads or putting me in new ones all game.

Edit: Can't even join or start one right now...

Last edited:

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Has anyone else had troubles with squads? Played one game earlier & hopping back on now but in that game it was bouncing me around squads or putting me in new ones all game.

Edit: Can't even join or start one right now...

yeah theres been problems with squads the whole time

launch isnt looking pretty. people will say "its a beta" but theres 2 months to go, and they only recently delayed it. I feel a rushed out game coming

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Played a little bit (Till the random disconnects annoyed me too much :dunce: )

The first game was quite disorienting :laugh:
But after that I got into the positive kd so there's that at least.
The gunplay reminds me quite a bit of America's Army 3.0, especially on the closer quarters maps. I like the increased lethality over BF1 (at least the last time I played it which was I think also an open beta )
The little TNT charges are a little wonky to throw and the delay on throwing grenades seems a little much.

Also there's way too damn much view bob.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Game is pretty fun. A little rough around the edges at times but still quite fun. Definitely excited to play the full release.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Played 1 match earlier and enjoyed my time with it.
Will try and play it a fair amount this weekend to get a better feel for it though.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad