Battlefield V (2018)

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Played a little bit (Till the random disconnects annoyed me too much :dunce: )

The first game was quite disorienting :laugh:
But after that I got into the positive kd so there's that at least.
The gunplay reminds me quite a bit of America's Army 3.0, especially on the closer quarters maps. I like the increased lethality over BF1 (at least the last time I played it which was I think also an open beta )
The little TNT charges are a little wonky to throw and the delay on throwing grenades seems a little much.

Also there's way too damn much view bob.

I noticed it was disorienting as well. Is there something off with the FOV? I wondered if it was because I was playing 21:9. I'll have to play with the settings.

Also, side note, but don't try to revive Sniper. He's a death trap. :laugh:

(Probably had something to do with my own lack of situational awareness, but I digress...)

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Played a little bit (Till the random disconnects annoyed me too much :dunce: )

The first game was quite disorienting :laugh:
But after that I got into the positive kd so there's that at least.
The gunplay reminds me quite a bit of America's Army 3.0, especially on the closer quarters maps. I like the increased lethality over BF1 (at least the last time I played it which was I think also an open beta )
The little TNT charges are a little wonky to throw and the delay on throwing grenades seems a little much.

Also there's way too damn much view bob.
Thought you didn't play newer games. Are you at least playing them on a 1920x1080 monitor.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
One thing I noticed, and I've only played three games so definitely a small sample size, is that nobody was playing medic. I loved being the medic and reviving my teammates, though I couldn't really figure out the health packs. Can I only drop one if my teammate near me is hurt? Like if someone really needed a health pack I was able to drop one, but not just lay one at the feet of a teammate who wasn't injured. Is that intentional or a bug?

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
One thing I noticed, and I've only played three games so definitely a small sample size, is that nobody was playing medic. I loved being the medic and reviving my teammates, though I couldn't really figure out the health packs. Can I only drop one if my teammate near me is hurt? Like if someone really needed a health pack I was able to drop one, but not just lay one at the feet of a teammate who wasn't injured. Is that intentional or a bug?

I believe that is intentional.

IIRC the medical boxes you can drop were unlocks in the last Battlefield(s?).

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Played the beta a bit and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Might pick it up when it's on sale.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
I've played it for about an hour now and it just feels like BF1 with better gunplay, still seems like a decent game but I havent really been able to get into it. I'll probably buy it once the price comes down a bit, but its the first battlefield title I haven't preorederd since the first Bad Company which I think says something lol

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The 8 maps from release:
Norway
Narvik - Vehicles, infantry, medium size map
Fjell - Infantry, only planes, on a mountain top, smaller map

France
Twisted steel - Vehicles, infantry, big map
Arras - Vehicles, infantry, medium size map

Netherlands
Rotterdam - Vehicles, infantry, medium size map
Devastation - Rotterdam but complety destroyed

North Africa
Hamada - Massive vehicle desert map, sea combat also
Aerodrome - Infantry, vehicles, on a airfield, medium size.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
My big complaint so far is the annoying glitch where you get stuck and can't re-deploy after being revived. It's happened to me a couple of times and friends several more. That needs to be ironed out, and I'm sure it will be, by release. I also wish you spawned with one more magazine of ammo. Feel like I kill two guys and then basically have no ammo left. Spend the rest of the life begging for ammo or finding the ammo boxes on the flags.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
My big complaint so far is the annoying glitch where you get stuck and can't re-deploy after being revived. It's happened to me a couple of times and friends several more. That needs to be ironed out, and I'm sure it will be, by release. I also wish you spawned with one more magazine of ammo. Feel like I kill two guys and then basically have no ammo left. Spend the rest of the life begging for ammo or finding the ammo boxes on the flags.
You basically have to spawn on a point and find an ammo and health station if you want to have a good time. Which really slows the game down. Medic and support players don’t seem to be doing much to help.

I’ve also run into several annoying glitches, but the worst has to be my inability to spawn while certain guns are equipped.

If I have the second unlock for the support or assault (gewher 44 and the Bren?) or the first medic rifle (the sten) equipped I can’t spaen at all. I get some “this spawn point is unavailable” message. Very aggravating.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
You basically have to spawn on a point and find an ammo and health station if you want to have a good time. Which really slows the game down. Medic and support players don’t seem to be doing much to help.

I’ve also run into several annoying glitches, but the worst has to be my inability to spawn while certain guns are equipped.

If I have the second unlock for the support or assault (gewher 44 and the Bren?) or the first medic rifle (the sten) equipped I can’t spaen at all. I get some “this spawn point is unavailable” message. Very aggravating.
That's a really weird glitch. Does it happen every time or sporadically?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
That's a really weird glitch. Does it happen every time or sporadically?
Every time. I would assume that just deleting and redownloading would fix it, I just can’t be bothered to try.

I should note that I played some medic on day one of the open beta. Then the next day that statrted happening.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Things I like:

-You can spawn on squadmates in tanks even if they are full.
-Squad revive, regardless of class.
-Flak guns are actually very useful for dealing with planes.
-In general, the gun play feels good

Things I dislike:

-The German announcer. When I first started playing, I had no freakin' clue which objectives he was talking about. I still don't have it quite figured out. I get you're going for a little authenticity but just say the damn letters.
-The lack of ammo. If you have a good squad, it's less of a problem...however, that's somewhat rare, and I find myself relying extremely heavily on the ammo crates. Never having ammo in games is a real pet peeve for me.

Things I neutral:
-In general, the two maps aren't great, although they aren't bad. IMO Narvik is good, but I'm not big on the Rotterdam map.

Things I HATE:
-The stupid ass armory/my company has got to be the worst customization system they've ever implemented.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
The UI for the menus is just generally annoying to navigate. It looks like it's made for touch screens or at best consoles. It's just a pain on PC.

Another thing that I found baffling was that you couldn't bind Mouse 4 & 5. 2018 and this is not a feature? I'd assume it will be fixed for full launch.

Sep 19, 2008
The 8 maps from release:
Norway
Narvik - Vehicles, infantry, medium size map
Fjell - Infantry, only planes, on a mountain top, smaller map

France
Twisted steel - Vehicles, infantry, big map
Arras - Vehicles, infantry, medium size map

Netherlands
Rotterdam - Vehicles, infantry, medium size map
Devastation - Rotterdam but complety destroyed

North Africa
Hamada - Massive vehicle desert map, sea combat also
Aerodrome - Infantry, vehicles, on a airfield, medium size.

Curious if they would ever add Omaha Beach

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Man I wish this wasn’t delayed so long. I want to play it so bad.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Only problem I have come across is trying to revive someone when they get downed on stairs. It won't let you revive them half of the time.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I think Grand Operations is pretty cool...or it would be, if there were more maps.

However, right now you get stuck on the same team over and over unless you back out. :laugh:

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I don't have a ton of experience with the Battlefield series, but has this problem of nobody playing their damn class always been an issue? Why do medics just stand next to you when you're clearly low health and asking for heals? Why don't support guys hand out ammo boxes like they're candy to anyone and everyone within range? They're rewarded for it, it helps the team, it will help your individual score....why don't they do it? I can understand a medic avoiding a revive in a hot spot. If I put myself in a bad spot and get killed I don't expect a medic to do the same stupid thing that got me killed. But you can see the health of your teammates, if I'm low, help a brother out! I just don't understand.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I don't have a ton of experience with the Battlefield series, but has this problem of nobody playing their damn class always been an issue? Why do medics just stand next to you when you're clearly low health and asking for heals? Why don't support guys hand out ammo boxes like they're candy to anyone and everyone within range? They're rewarded for it, it helps the team, it will help your individual score....why don't they do it? I can understand a medic avoiding a revive in a hot spot. If I put myself in a bad spot and get killed I don't expect a medic to do the same stupid thing that got me killed. But you can see the health of your teammates, if I'm low, help a brother out! I just don't understand.

Yes, that's always been a problem. It's especially needed in this game, where supplies are short.

It's a problem that is only magnified by half of the team being Recon at any given time. :laugh:

I assume part of the reason you start with so little ammo is to encourage teamwork, but it doesn't seem to be working so far and only encourages frustration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->