Battlefield 2042 (2021)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Sucks to see it pushed back, but that’s much better than releasing an unpolished game. You only get one launch/review period.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
A last minute delay is a bit concerning though. Hopefully 3 weeks is enough for whatever problems they've got.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I think I'll wait for full reviews. I want it to be a polished experience before I jump in. But damn I miss BF games (didn't like 1 and skipped V).

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
The beta is getting universally eviscerated on the BF2042 /r. Yikes.

I have it download but I did not pre-order nor am I part of EA Play or whatever, so I'll try it Saturday. Never been into the series but I'll see how it plays.

Reactions: Jussi

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Yea I'm not buying that. Devs say that crap all the time, and BF is notorious for terrible launches. I'll be waiting to see reviews and stuff. Halo is only a few weeks after, it's free, and the recent beta was amazing. Also posting people like JackFrags who is basically paid by Dice/EA, wont be saying anything negative.

Reactions: Jussi

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Yea I'm not buying that. Devs say that crap all the time, and BF is notorious for terrible launches. I'll be waiting to see reviews and stuff. Halo is only a few weeks after, it's free, and the recent beta was amazing. Also posting people like JackFrags who is basically paid by Dice/EA, wont be saying anything negative.

The beta was fun. I took an AA rocket launcher on top of a tower and took out all sorts of aircraft and helicopters. Man that’s fun.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

I have it download but I did not pre-order nor am I part of EA Play or whatever, so I'll try it Saturday. Never been into the series but I'll see how it plays.

? Most of the you tubers I have watched play it this week have nothing but praise for it. They all also stated they were informed by EA that this is an older build and not the current build to date. They were also given a run down on what to expect to be wrong with this older version

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
? Most of the you tubers I have watched play it this week have nothing but praise for it. They all also stated they were informed by EA that this is an older build and not the current build to date. They were also given a run down on what to expect to be wrong with this older version
I'll take the masses of people who don't make a living off youtube videos, and have hardcore followings of certain games. Also I just watched the EasyAllies preview, and right off the bat says the game is coming in very hot, and is very rough around the edges. Basically should've cooked for 6 more months. Dice can say all the way, they've botched like every BF launch which some people quickly forget.

Reactions: KapG

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

Meh like was mentioned above, they aren't gonna bite the hand that feeds them. They get early access, supposed open communication with the dev team etc. They'll play it up to keep themselves in their good graces.

I also have a hard time believing they would release such an old version of the beta full of problems after the beta and launch were delayed and the launch being only 6 weeks away now. Seems like a strange way of doing things. We'll see how it all plays out I guess.

Sep 19, 2008
I mean there's not actually anything wrong with the beta other than the map which is alright but huge (but we expected that). The few beta I did play involved the typical conquest "spawn a million metres away from the point and run or drive endlessly to get there"

Sep 19, 2008

also it should be noted that reddit literally complains about everything

the best way to assess the beta is just to play it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Of course you would dickride EA.

It's not just Reddit. YouTubers, reviewers and everyone else are saying it's a buggy mess.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
For those of you who have played or will play the beta need to keep this in mind that the developer released prior to the beta period.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I'll take the masses of people who don't make a living off youtube videos, and have hardcore followings of certain games. Also I just watched the EasyAllies preview, and right off the bat says the game is coming in very hot, and is very rough around the edges. Basically should've cooked for 6 more months. Dice can say all the way, they've botched like every BF launch which some people quickly forget.

true. I have honestly never bought a game at launch for years. I usually wait four to six months for a better experience. I know it shouldn’t be like that but it’s what I expect now from most developers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad