Pre-Game Talk: Battle of Alberta - Round 1 of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I think the Flames are likely to come out playing like jackasses tomorrow. All their smoke is about how they don't play hard or emotional enough, so they're certain to be running around.

Message to the team (especially Kassian) is to let them play like idiots so we can beat them up on the PP.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Not going to be the popular opinion here, but I'd rather a boring win than a heated loss. Leave the shenanigans alone. We have a good opportunity to create some space here points-wise. If we give in to ratboy's antics, we don't usually play our best game. Although that may be more entertaining, I want 2 points in regulation.

The Oilers won the last game that was heated 8-3.
I actually think the Oilers play better when there's some chaos involved because all too often they play like emotionless robots. I'd actually be more concerned that the Oilers get all fat and happy after the 3 game winning streak and come out flat and uninspired.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
The Oilers won the last game that was heated 8-3.
I actually think the Oilers play better when there's some chaos involved because all too often they play like emotionless robots. I'd actually be more concerned that the Oilers get all fat and happy after the 3 game winning streak and come out flat and uninspired.

I'm definitely not saying flat and uninspired. More like when ratboy tries to egg guys like Kassian on, don't fall for it. Don't get sucked into that mental game ratboy likes to play. And if you have to, don't hit ratboy, go after johnny crybaby or markstrom.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
shall I just throw my life savings into Sam Bennett scoring a goal tomorrow?

it just makes sense right?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hopefully some of the folks TSN let go get picked up by Sportsnet.
It's tough to say seems like Sportsnet did a bunch of cuts as well and might not want to spend money on people with a name.

Essentially they have a monopoly on hockey so it doesn't really matter who they throw in there, which is sad.

Reactions: ujju2

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Kind of nice that we’re heading into this game on a winning streak and very little pressure on us while the Flames are on a skid and in shambles.

Reactions: shoop
Feb 9, 2013
IMG_7109.jpg
search

Seems as relevant as ever ...

Last edited:

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I know I used to hate on Ryan Strome when he was here but how he hell did he get so good with Rangers. Was he always good and we were just blind? we traded him from Ryan freaking Spooner smh

Rangers are a strange team.

RFA's that want to go there and sign retirement contracts flop there big time. Their motivations aren't for the hockey.

Players they draft and trade for (especially younger'ish ones) seem to hit it off there. Since their motivations are perhaps to stay there. and don't have the luxury of the retirement contract. They tend to excel.

If I was the gm and a UFA came to me saying I want to play for you.. sign me long term. I'd tell them to f*** off immediately. I don't care who it is to be honest.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
They do have other good food there but I almost always default to the lasagna.

But the commercials are not enticing in the slightest.

Good food at bp's? dude sorry to hear you got the rona... loss of taste is a major symptom.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
The interviews always get me. Dude is actually being paid to sit there and ask stupid shit like,

"Well your team just lost in game 7 of the Cup Finals. How do you feel right now?".

"How big is it for your team to have your best player back in the lineup?"

"What does Connor McDavid mean to this team and how amazing is he to watch?"

"Watching Victor Hedmen go down must have been tough. How does this impact the team moving forward and are you worried about filling that hole?"

Fan-f***in-tastic, top notch journalism right there.

I think the journalist's and social media dug this hole. Player interviews are the lamest thing around.
It's just a game of political correctness and tote the line. I don't blame the players. Heck I reach for the dial and change the channel as soon as I hear a player interview starting.

Reactions: TB12 and GOilers88

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
It's serviceable compared to the glut of fast food chains around here.
Its a bridgebrand heat n serve, hardly even qualifes as a restaurant , frozen burgers from a box for 16 bucks a throw. in the 90s bps was good. now it's hardly food and ridiculously overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad