Pre-Game Talk: Battle of Alberta - Round 1 of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
This is one random thread.. Looks like we got 10 topics being discussed all at once.
Is this hfoil or a TSN panel

Oneill, Natasha, Haas, Strome, Hedman

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
To be fair I see no reason why Edmonton should be in that discussion either. Outside of 1 year over the last 14 it's the same story with us too. Finally on the rise and then we fall. I get why people don't want to give Edmonton that benefit until they can actually prove it with some consistency. Our GDT's should tell you we don't belong in the chat.

As much as I hate the Flamers, Treliving took a team that has missed 5 years in a row and has had them in 4 of 6. They should be given the benefit of the doubt over us at the moment. I don't like it, but it's how I honestly feel. That said considering them contenders is batshit crazy.

I agree, the Oilers have no business being in that category either.

It just makes me laugh though re: the Flames. Every year it's "was X acquisition the piece they need to put them over the top!!!?" as if they have been perennially getting through the first or second round, but missing that one piece to make them champions. When in reality they either missed the playoffs the year before or got easily bounced in round 1. To this day their defense gets praised as one of the best in the NHL which is comical to me. It's like the media is on a 15 year acid trip with this team where no matter the evidence to the contrary they are held up as some model franchise.

I sill think back and laugh at when they acquired Dougie Hamilton. The Sportsnet season preview show had a big dramatic intro for the Flames that featured Hamilton and then ended with "2016 FLAMES ARE CONTENDERS!!!!" Proceeded to miss the playoffs.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Bennett now a healthy scratch against the Jets.

Wouldn't mind seeing him with the Oil but doubt the Flames would do it.

I still remember how scouts debated who the Oil should take at #3-- Drai or Bennett.

Bennett would have been an Oiler if he did a pull-up.

BakedYams

Jan 14, 2017
Ones married to the assistant GM, one used to be the GM, another one used to be the GM, one played there his entire career...

I'd say they more than sniff the occasional fart, tbh.
That's a good point. Treliving has a future job in media to look forward to. We just give our ex-gms cushy jobs for life.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
O'Neill strikes me as a guy who, when Yeezy's Golddigger comes on the car radio, sings along with every line and uses a hard R.

I can't take O'Neill seriously, he looks like someone dressed up a glazed ham in a suit that's too small for it and then took it to Great Clips for the finest $12 haircut money can buy

Reactions: Oilhawks

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
To be fair I see no reason why Edmonton should be in that discussion either. Outside of 1 year over the last 14 it's the same story with us too.

This alone tells us that you are overly negative and exaggerating to make a point that just isn't realistic.

Considering last year as part of all the other times the Oilers have missed the playoffs is a joke. Your argument would be stronger without such a histrionic, misleading sentence.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Not going to be the popular opinion here, but I'd rather a boring win than a heated loss. Leave the shenanigans alone. We have a good opportunity to create some space here points-wise. If we give in to ratboy's antics, we don't usually play our best game. Although that may be more entertaining, I want 2 points in regulation.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Not going to be the popular opinion here, but I'd rather a boring win than a heated loss. Leave the shenanigans alone. We have a good opportunity to create some space here points-wise. If we give in to ratboy's antics, we don't usually play our best game. Although that may be more entertaining, I want 2 points in regulation.
I agree with you. I would take a low scoring boring game against these guys and be happy. No clown stuff.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Although if there's going to be clown stuff with 2 minutes left in the game that injures our star player, I would rather we embarrassed them all over the ice all night in another beatdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad