Pre-Game Talk: Battle of Alberta - Round 1 of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
It is good for Tippett to have options on the blue line.

With a puck to the head it is better to be safe than sorry with Bear. Sitting him Saturday night is a reasonable decision.

One of Barrie/Bouchard/Bear on the right side sits. If any of them can play the left side they would likely be an upgrade on what we can run with for left defence.

Reactions: Porkleaker

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Once Smith gets better I hope he and Marky have a battle at Centre Ice. Marky is feisty, think it would be a decent scrap. haha

Oilers win 6-1
Drai x2
Bennett
Haas
Nuge
Barrie

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I'm very interested in seeing what Tippett does with the blue line. At this point I don't know how you justify sitting Bouchard or Lagesson after last game, but if bears ready to go you have to do something, and we all know he won't even consider scratching Larsson.

I definitely don't agree with Smith vs Cgy. That would be classic Tippett when we need those points, koskinen is rested after his bit of time off, and we have Ottawa the next game which would be a much better easing back into it game for old man smitty

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
In before Tkachuk pulls another dirty move that doesn't get him suspended.

Loathe to defend Turtle Tkachuk so this is just a point.

The last 'dirty move' we saw get lots of coverage was when he fell a little too forcefully on Frederik Anderson. Maybe if a Leafs D man hadn't pushed him into Anderson then Tkachuk wouldn't have had the opportunity to land on him awkwardly. Position yourself so you aren't pushing a players onto your goalie.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
If the Oilers want to activate Smith one of Bouchard or Chiasson needs to go down to the taxi squad or the team will need to waive someone else. Or someone else on IR.

This has certainly been an interesting season in terms of roster juggling lol

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Loathe to defend Turtle Tkachuk so this is just a point.

The last 'dirty move' we saw get lots of coverage was when he fell a little too forcefully on Frederik Anderson. Maybe if a Leafs D man hadn't pushed him into Anderson then Tkachuk wouldn't have had the opportunity to land on him awkwardly. Position yourself so you aren't pushing a players onto your goalie.
Ohh because he was given to opportunity to be a dirty POS I guess it’s excused.

Reactions: iCanada

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Ohh because he was given to opportunity to be a dirty POS I guess it’s excused.

I'm sorry if "loathe to defend Turtle Tkachuk" wasn't clear enough for it to sound like I was absolutely not excusing him. What in that phrase made you think I was excusing him?

If you don't want him to play like a dirty POS you shouldn't give the opportunity to do so when possible. It's probably a good thing for defensemen to really try and avoid pushing opponents onto their own goalie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Porkleaker

Alik Bordour

Jun 26, 2004
If the Oilers want to activate Smith one of Bouchard or Chiasson needs to go down to the taxi squad or the team will need to waive someone else. Or someone else on IR.

This has certainly been an interesting season in terms of roster juggling lol

One of Bouchard or Grosenick, if they won't to go with 11F. You either have 3G-8D-12F (Bouchard to taxi squad) or 2G-9D-12F (Grosenick to waivers). Or Bear to IR.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Bennett now a healthy scratch against the Jets.

Wouldn't mind seeing him with the Oil but doubt the Flames would do it.

I still remember how scouts debated who the Oil should take at #3-- Drai or Bennett.

I remember when Calgary fans were laughing at us for taking Drai over Bennett. They figured they had the next Gilmour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad