Blue Jays Discussion: Baseball is back. Yay Controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
nice salvage of the wraparound series, particularly ruining their patriots day and leaving on a high note.....

....now onto baltimore where we'll sweep ourselves into 1st place.

the script practically writes itself!

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yes, I'm aware that I talk way too much about the Jays prospects. But this idea popped into my head yesterday and after thinks about it for a bit I figured I post.

It's my Jays prospects 25 man roster. Pretty self explainatory, a 25 man roster made entirely of prospects just to see where we may be lacking on the farm and where we may have reinforcements coming through before long

Note: Pompey, Hutch, and other players who have lost their rookie, and prospect eligibility won't be listed but those 2 exist as well. Also the pen is going to have current starters in it who just weren't top 5 so they didn't get in the rotation, as most pitchers get developed as starters for a while, finding 7 good relief prospects you'd just see a bunch of potential Loogys.

Lineup:

1. Anthony Alford (CF)
2. Richard Urena (SS)
3. Vlad Guerrero Jr. (3B)
4. Rowdy Tellez (DH)
5. Ryan McBroom (1B)
6. Max Pentecost (C)
7. Lane Thomas (RF)
8. Andy Burns (2B)
9. DJ Davis (LF)

Bench: Dan Jansen (C), Reggie Pruitt (OF), Mitch Nay (3B), Jon Berti (MIF)

Rotation:

1. Sean Reid-Foley
2. Connor Greene
3. Jon Harris
4. Justin Maese
5. Clinton Hollon

Bullpen:

Jose Espada (LR)
Angel Perdomo (MR)
Ryan Borucki (MR)
Travis Bergen (SU)
Brady Dragmire (SU)
Chad Girado (Loogy)
Hansel Rodriguez (CL)

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
id say in tulos defence a lot has to do with going in to the year with a quarter trained leg kick. which worked well in the spring, now the balls getting on top of him to fast so hes gong pack to his toe pick . once he sorts his mechanics out it will be smooth sailing. was just kinda foolish he started messing with his swing at the beginning of spring. rather then fiddle in the offseason

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Happ 2-0.

Last year: 2015 PIT 7-2 ERA 1.85 63.1 innings.
Didn't know he pitched that well.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/happja01.shtml
I just remember him being very average as a Jay 5 years ago.

2-0 to start the year so far.
Of course, that takes being up by 3 runs when you hand the game over to the "ERA of 9" bullpen of the Jays.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Happ 2-0.

Last year: 2015 PIT 7-2 ERA 1.85 63.1 innings.
Didn't know he pitched that well.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/happja01.shtml
I just remember him being very average as a Jay 5 years ago.

2-0 to start the year so far.
Of course, that takes being up by 3 runs when you hand the game over to the "ERA of 9" bullpen of the Jays.

J.A. Happ wasn't a Blue Jay five years ago.....but nonetheless, that's what most people thought of when he signed...which made it hilarious.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
id say in tulos defence a lot has to do with going in to the year with a quarter trained leg kick. which worked well in the spring, now the balls getting on top of him to fast so hes gong pack to his toe pick . once he sorts his mechanics out it will be smooth sailing. was just kinda foolish he started messing with his swing at the beginning of spring. rather then fiddle in the offseason

He strikes me as someone who over-analyzes. Not that it's a bad thing. We've go a few of 'em in EE, Jose, JD, etc. Always looking at tape and always paying attention to their mechanics. The way he's approaching atbats makes me think he's got a plan in place for each pitcher rather than simply reacting. He doesn't have a mental history of these al pitchers which allows him to do that. Which is why I think we've seen alot of funky swings from him. I'm hoping it's just a matter of getting his atbats in against AL competition so he can find his comfort level. There's too much talent in there to be a .250 hitter.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
everyone thought EE was toast in april last year and wanted to trade him.

turned out he was still pretty good.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Hutch 6 IP, 10 hits, 5 runs, 0 BB, 6 K's, 77 pitches, 51 strikes

Wonder if he just got BABIP'd to death

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The efficiency is quite good. That was a huge problem last year, he often needed 100 pitches to get through 5, now he gets through 6 including a bunch of trouble giving up runs almost every inning, and he does it in 77 pitches.

Giving up so many hits is obviously a concern, but I'm impressed with his efficiency

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
In the 2 series so far, Boston pitchers have hit Blue Jays 6 times with pitches. Zero Red Sox have been HBP.

It's getting to a point where you almost need to tell the hitters to lean in and take it off the shoulder or back. Everybody is pitching the Jays inside and it's working pretty well against them.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
we do that then you knowthe umps will be like you could have gotten out the way bs. even tho they don't do it as much now. u know if the jays started rolling the shoulder or turning the back instead of ducking and diving. they would be like move then

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Phenomenal starting pitching and an anemic offense so far. Who'd a thunk it?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
NH just played a 15 inning game. Rowdy had a chance to end it in the 13th with runners on 2nd and 3rd, 2 out, and he walked. I love his plate discipline.

He had a chance to tie it in the 15th with a runner on 2nd 2 outs, and worked a long count before flying out

finished 1 for 6, HR, 2 walks. His average sits at .200 but he's got a billion walks, or more realistically 11 of them. OBP of .375, .804 OPS with no BABIP luck as one of the youngest players in the league. I'm impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad