Barzal with incredible goal between the legs

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He had Hutton sold on the backhand and opened him up. The skill and mind for the game to be able to make that decision so fast along with his use of his edges is just so impressive to me.

You're just easily impressed because your former superstar had a tendency to shank the puck into the corner when he tried to make a deke on a semi-breakaway. ;)

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
You're just easily impressed because your former superstar had a tendency to shank the puck into the corner when he tried to make a deke on a semi-breakaway. ;)

This literally almost made me fall off my chair. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think Barzal taking his game to another level this year is because he’s been inspired by the great Italian and former Kingston Star Dal Colle.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
My math could be off (I suck at math) but I counted 13 players scoring that way from clips over the past 15 years or so meaning roughly 1 player scores that way per season...doesn't seem like "a lot" to me, but that's just me.
Well that video was made 4 years ago so there's been more since then. Do you really insist that I dig up every video clip in the past 4 years of players who have scored between the legs goals just because you refuse to admit that its not an unforgettable accomplishment?
I admit that Barzal's goal was very pretty but its not better than McDavid's goal.

illpucks

May 26, 2011

Wow what a goal!

I can't see ANYBODY beating him for GOTY. Insane goal.

Still got nothing on the GOAT between legs goal

iu

Reactions: Thrasymachus

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)
Tbf the Malik goal was in 2005-2006. Prior to that, was it as easy as it is today to share the replays of those types of beautiful goals?

The move might also have been popularized over the years, I mean those players today probably grew up practicing it to impress their teammates.
I know I saw the move back in the 90’s because I used to mess around with it in practice. Can’t remember where though, obviously not YouTube lol.

Waterbuf

Sep 21, 2018
Vancouver
Lee has 11 goals, Eberle has 9. Our system is to limit other teams scoring rather than run and gun. We are happy with Barzal, and our first line is producing well.
I have Barzal on my fantasy team and I've noticed he gets a point almost every game, but it's rare for him to get more than one point in a game, despite how awesome of a player he is.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I have Barzal on my fantasy team and I've noticed he gets a point almost every game, but it's rare for him to get more than one point in a game, despite how awesome of a player he is.
Sadly I really think that has to do with Trotz' system. The year Barzal played under Weight's run and gun system he had multiple 5 point games, hat tricks etc

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Sadly I really think that has to do with Trotz' system. The year Barzal played under Weight's run and gun system he had multiple 5 point games, hat tricks etc
True.

I did a quick search of Barzal's multi point games. in his rookie pre-Trotz season, he had a 5 point night 3 times and 3 point games 6 times. Since then he's never had more than a 3 points in a game, and has had 3 point nights 7 times in 2.5 seasons under Trotz.

Much improved as an all-round player though.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
True.

I did a quick search of Barzal's multi point games. in his rookie pre-Trotz season, he had a 5 point night 3 times and 3 point games 6 times. Since then he's never had more than a 3 points in a game, and has had 3 point nights 7 times in 2.5 seasons under Trotz.

Much improved as an all-round player though.

There have been many games where Barzal could easily have had more 5-point games during the Trotz era, but his offensive output has been limited by the lack of offensive firepower in the rest of the lineup.

His complete game is definitely much improved, but his offensive talent is improved too because he actually looks to shoot now.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

he had 3 5point games in one season under Doug weight when he was a rookie. He’s a way better player now than he was as a rookie. Points certainly matter but they’re not a total indication of a players overall talent all the time. Look at Eichel this year.

Reactions: PWJunior

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Well that video was made 4 years ago so there's been more since then. Do you really insist that I dig up every video clip in the past 4 years of players who have scored between the legs goals just because you refuse to admit that its not an unforgettable accomplishment?
I admit that Barzal's goal was very pretty but its not better than McDavid's goal.

McDavid's goal is irrelevant to this discussion. I never stated Barzal's goal was better nor did I suggest it wasn't in the running to be the GOTY. Bringing that up is a strawman.

All I said was that you're wrong when you say a lot of players could score a goal like that. You then cited 1 maybe 2 goals per season (of the thousands of goals scored every season). All I'm saying is that that's pure nonsense, nothing more and nothing less. If you have a problem with somebody (civilly) asking for evidence to your claim I'm not sure what to tell you...

Green

Nov 13, 2019
the most amazing part about this is it got a tweet from Sportcenter, I did not know ESPN still knew hockey was around

Reactions: nyisleslover

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad