Barzal with incredible goal between the legs

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Impressive display of his artistry though he flubbed the shot. This is not a goal of the year, he won a single race staying strong on the puck and then he didn't even lift the puck trying his move while he was all alone.

At this point the game has evolved where this is no longer mind blowing and that impressive. I just shrug my shoulders when I see these goals at this point, no different than a regular wrist shot in 2021 compared to say 2011.

Next evolution of this is going for a lacrosse style spin goal starting with the stick from between your legs in a game.

Anyways wonder if this kid makes Team Canada 2022, seems to be hitting his stride here.

Barzal - Mcdavid - Mackinnon line please. Just leave the other teams skating in mud

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
I had no idea he could actually score. The entire series against the Lightning he just sort of skated around the offensive zone with the puck for about 30 seconds before eventually losing it all the while NBC slobbed his knob as the "best player on the ice".

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I had no idea he could actually score. The entire series against the Lightning he just sort of skated around the offensive zone with the puck for about 30 seconds before eventually losing it all the while NBC slobbed his knob as the "best player on the ice".

It’s definitely smart to sum up a player based on 1 series. That’s the best way to get a true reading on a player.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It’s definitely smart to sum up a player based on 1 series. That’s the best way to get a true reading on a player.

It also doesn't take into account players can actually improve in areas they need to improve on.

Maybe Barzal took note of the parts of his game that didn't work and is trying to add that element to his game. Kind of like Crosby working on his shot or McDavid deciding to shoot more.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It also doesn't take into account players can actually improve in areas they need to improve on.

Maybe Barzal took note of the parts of his game that didn't work and is trying to add that element to his game. Kind of like Crosby working on his shot or McDavid deciding to shoot more.

Get out of here with this. As soon as a player turns 18 he’s a finished product and has all the tools and skills he’s ever going to have.

Seriously though,you’re 100%. I’ll never forget Tavares rookie season on the islanders. Guy was like a fawn deer on skates. Literally would be on his ass 5 times a night and his stride was horrible. That offseason he got with I believe Dawn Braid and worked hard on his skating and was much better his sophomore season. By just year 3 I would say he was an average to slightly above average skater but his balance, strength, and center of gravity was all improved.

With Barzal, this year he’s being a bit more aggressive offensively when it comes to shooting the puck but he hasn’t sacrificed his playmaking and ability to create space for his teammates. He’s also playing in all 3 zones. Playing excellent 2way hockey and has really improved on faceoffs too.

but he sucks because he didn’t score against the Stanley cup champions during a pandemic in the bubble and he didn’t elevate the puck on a between the legs goal.

Reactions: Konk

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Get out of here with this. As soon as a player turns 18 he’s a finished product and has all the tools and skills he’s ever going to have.

Seriously though,you’re 100%. I’ll never forget Tavares rookie season on the islanders. Guy was like a fawn deer on skates. Literally would be on his ass 5 times a night and his stride was horrible. That offseason he got with I believe Dawn Braid and worked hard on his skating and was much better his sophomore season. By just year 3 I would say he was an average to slightly above average skater but his balance, strength, and center of gravity was all improved.

With Barzal, this year he’s being a bit more aggressive offensively when it comes to shooting the puck but he hasn’t sacrificed his playmaking and ability to create space for his teammates. He’s also playing in all 3 zones. Playing excellent 2way hockey and has really improved on faceoffs too.

but he sucks because he didn’t score against the Stanley cup champions during a pandemic in the bubble and he didn’t elevate the puck on a between the legs goal.

Scott Gomez Version 2.0. ;)

Reactions: SI90

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Barzal is such a fantastic player and definitely one of my favourites outside of my team. Would love to have him with the Hawks. Congrats isles fans on such a great player.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010

Yeah totally dude a single playoff series is totally representative of quality, that’s why that garbage team that got swept by CBJ will never win the cup... oh wait

ricklex222

Mar 7, 2021
Meh the play getting around Risto was more impressive than the actual goal. I did that today in beer league and even failed at lifting it off the ice too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad