Barzal with incredible goal between the legs

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
That’s insane. We’ve seen between the legs how’s before which is impressive, but the speed and awkward angle he was in and able to pull it off.

Reactions: SI90

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This literally almost made me fall off my chair. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think Barzal taking his game to another level this year is because he’s been inspired by the great Italian and former Kingston Star Dal Colle.

I don't think it's any coincidence the Islanders started having playoff success ever since Dal Colle became a NHL regular.

We don't create regular season stat collectors, we build winners. ;)

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I don't think it's any coincidence the Islanders started having playoff success ever since Dal Colle became a NHL regular.

We don't create regular season stat collectors, we build winners. ;)
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wait until Sam Bennett replaces Clutterbuck!! We’re going to hoist the cup!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wait until Sam Bennett replaces Clutterbuck!! We’re going to hoist the cup!

Hey, there's a reason Bennett goes from producing like a 4th line player in the regular season to being a playoff beast. Rhymes with Pingston Dontenacs.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Finally a goal on the mains that is actually worthy of being a candidate for the Goal OTY.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hey, there's a reason Bennett goes from producing like a 4th line player in the regular season to being a playoff beast. Rhymes with Pingston Dontenacs.

not to derail the thread but it really was unreal how insane Dal Colle played for Kingston. He was always a GPG and it was only his D+1 season.

As for Bennett I was being sarcastic but not really. I think he would thrive with a coach like Trotz. Maybe not become the player he was projected but certainly more impactful all around.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
not to derail the thread but it really was unreal how insane Dal Colle played for Kingston. He was always a GPG and it was only his D+1 season.

Clearly the Isles need to sign Spencer Watson and reunite them.

As for Bennett I was being sarcastic but not really. I think he would thrive with a coach like Trotz. Maybe not become the player he was projected but certainly more impactful all around.

I still think he's got Kadri potential (ie. 15-20 goals, 35-40 points, with a physical edge) in the right situation. I don't think that happens in Calgary, though.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Gotta say that in my books McDavid's goal is the leading candidate for GOTY. Barzal's goal is a trick shot that lots of players can do. McDavid's goal is a result of pure talent that most players, if not all players, in the league will never be able to accomplish in the NHL.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Yep... Barzal is great at skating in circles around the perimeter. Nobody is better.
Also now the fastest skater in the league. No one is faster. It's those legs and those edges. Thats what got him around that defender on the Sabres- those powerful legs. Takes corners like he's on rails. La Ferrari on skates.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
It's a nice goal, but it's tempered a bit by the fact that Hutton is one of, if not the worst goalies in the NHL this season. And Risto was hit extremely hard by Covid and is still struggling with post-covid symptoms. If Risto is a even a quarter step faster there he breaks up that play.

Hutton is trash and barzal knows it, so he went for the between the legs shot to really rub it in.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
It's a nice goal, but it's tempered a bit by the fact that Hutton is one of, if not the worst goalies in the NHL this season. And Risto was hit extremely hard by Covid and is still struggling with post-covid symptoms. If Risto is a even a quarter step faster there he breaks up that play.

Hutton is trash and barzal knows it, so he went for the between the legs shot to really rub it in.

iu

Reactions: TheAngryHank

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach

I think you rubbed it in more than Barzal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad