Barzal + Connor vs. Marner + Aho

???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
What has Marner done to be classified as a better player than Aho, Barzal, and Connor? Please, educate me Leafs fans (although it appears only the big time homers commented in this thread)

MattiasSnall

May 1, 2018
Offensively Barzal been best this far out of these four, but overall I’d say Aho is best. Really smart player in both ends and can play both Center and as a winger.

Aho
Barzal
Marner
Connor

Aho/Marner slightly over Barzal/Connor.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Barzal
Marner
Aho
Connor

Barzal is the best of the bunch. Marner and Aho are the better duo. No wrong answer here probably. Gun to my head I take the pair with the point per game center.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Stats or proof to back up Marner being bad in his own end?
He was second to last on his team (last for forwards that played over 38 games) for +/- and I believe his play in his own end is the reason he was pushed back to the fourth line for a bit. He was also on the ice for 58 goals against. I could very well be wrong, but I thought Marner wasn't the best in his own end.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Lets see here - Connor played with Scheifele and Wheeler most of the season, Aho played with Staal and TT. Who had the better linemates?

Barzal, Marner and Aho are WAY better on their own than Connor.

1.Barzal
2. Marner/Aho

85. Connor

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Marner Aho for me. I think Barzal is the best player of the 4 however in my opinion Connor is a substantial step down.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It comes down between Aho and Connor for me. I think Barzal and Marner will be relatively similar, but I think Aho will have the edge over Connor so I went with the Marner/Aho duo.

Reactions: Kelly

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Matt Lameral isnt very good. Yes he put 85 points, but you wonder was that because of Bailey and Tavares carrying him.
Then choker boy also didnt show up when Isles were in the race, keeping up his tradition of failing in big games.

Bou Barlamarelo has a lot to learn before he can be considered a top NHL player in this league.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Matt Lameral is going to get worse. He already looked out of shape last season. Choker boy may put up numbers that are respectable next season, but his underlying numbers say he is an average player that is reminiscent of Bozak. Lou is going to be second guessed for signing Matt Lameral

Last edited:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Matt Lameral is going to get worse. He already looked out of shape last season. Choker boy may put up numbers that are respectable next season, but his underlying numbers say he is an average player that is reminiscent of Bozak. Lou is going to be second guessed for signing Matt Lameral
Barzal has excellent underlying metrics. The only question marks he has are related to competition and coaching. Everything about his play last year was elite

SnizzMitch

Leafs Fan Till I Die
Jan 30, 2016
Eastern, Ontario
People tend to forget that Marner is bad in his own end. I would say Barzal is clearly above marner and aho is above Marner. Connor could rise this year, but I don't see him above the other two.
Marner is bad in his own end??? Lol, you clearly never watched him play a single hockey game. He’s probably the better defensive player between the 4 guys in this poll.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
He was second to last on his team (last for forwards that played over 38 games) for +/- and I believe his play in his own end is the reason he was pushed back to the fourth line for a bit. He was also on the ice for 58 goals against. I could very well be wrong, but I thought Marner wasn't the best in his own end.

He played 4th line for lack of offense. He also played on the shutdown line for half the year and the other half on the Bozak, JvR line.
Marner I would say has iffy results but he passes the eye test. He back checks hard and has tons of takeaways.

I'd say he's the 2nd best defensive player on the list after aho actually

Reactions: HoBOonFiRE

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Imagine the point totals Marner, Barzal and Aho would put up playing with Wheeler and Scheff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad