Barzal + Connor vs. Marner + Aho

???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Good poll
Barzal's probably the best of the bunch, and Connor's no slouch, so I'll probably take them

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I see it as this. With no bias.

Matthew Barzal is the number one here. He's a legitimate number one center who's an offensive dynamo. Great skater, phenomenal hands, great hockey sense. Posted just over a point per game in his rookie season. Posted 63 assists which is extremely impressive considering his age.
-
Mitch Marner / Sebastien Aho: Both at a similar level just a bit behind Barzal. Marner has phenomenal vision and amazing creativity. He'll tear it up with tavares in this upcoming season. He also has an underrated defensive game. Aho meanwhile may have posted less points then marner. But he had a bigger role on his team. Aho is the face of this hurricane offence. Extremely versatile, as he can play both center and winger. Great hockey IQ.
-
Kyle Connor: All though I love this guy. I think he's slightly weaker then the others. Possesses incredible skating skills, and he can score. Has an accurate shot and a great set of mitts. But for me he's behind the others due to posting less points while playing with better line mates ala ( Mark Scheifele, Blake Wheeler). No slouch to the guy.

Overall great poll.

It's either you choose the best and the worst player in the poll (close seperation between all). Or you choose the 2nd and 3rd best.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Barzal
Marner
Aho
Connor

Eh, it's a toss up. I like Aho - Marner slightly more, even if Barzal is the best.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Very good poll OP its very close. From the 2015 draft Id go:

3 Barzal
8 Aho
9 Marner
10 Connor

So I give the edge to Barzal Connor but these things can change

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
People tend to forget that Marner is bad in his own end. I would say Barzal is clearly above marner and aho is above Marner. Connor could rise this year, but I don't see him above the other two.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I didnt look at goals scores by the other 3.
But did any of them scored 30+ goals?
Let alone in their 1st year.

All players good though.
Can't fault either way. Just Barzal ahead of the 3.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
People tend to forget that Marner is bad in his own end. I would say Barzal is clearly above marner and aho is above Marner. Connor could rise this year, but I don't see him above the other two.

Interesting opinion considering Marner has always been known as a very good two way winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->