???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
this post didn't age well lol

What's changed? Lol
Leafs fans on the main boards are the worst group. Bumping threads to say "I told you so" when they were clearly wrong at the time
And could arguably still be wrong

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Where did i imply connor was better than everyone? Quote me.

1) Why are you stating others are clearly wrong though? When they are not?

2) You said the gap between Connor and the others isn't that big and it's silly to say he's easily the worst. Looking at the last 2 seasons:
Marner: 0.30 Goals/G; 0.99 P/G
Aho: 0.39 Goals/G; 0.96 P/G (Plays center)
Barzal: 0.28 Goals/G; 0.96 P/G (Plays center)
Connor: 0.39 Goals/G; 0.76 P/G

And Connor has played with the best line-mates of all these guys over this stretch (although Marner does have Tavares this year). Connor is, right now, the weakest of the 3 players and there is a pretty decent gap, contrary to what you said. All 4 are talented though and this could change in the future, but right now, it is what it is.

The point is that you are now saying others "were clearly wrong", when the results don't support that statement.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

135ace

Mar 18, 2015

2) You said the gap between Connor and the others isn't that big and it's silly to say he's easily the worst. Looking at the last 2 seasons:

And Connor has played with the best line-mates of all these guys over this stretch (although Marner does have Tavares this year). Connor is, right now, the weakest of the 3 players and there is a pretty decent gap, contrary to what you said. All 4 are talented though and this could change in the future, but right now, it is what it is.

The point is that you are now saying others "were clearly wrong", when the results don't support that statement.

Actually the biggest gap here is between Aho/Marner and Barzal. If I'm Toronto or Carolina and NYI called offering Barzal for either of Aho or Marner I'd laugh in their face. For NYI to trade for either it would have to be something like Barzal+Dobson+Bailey (1M retained) +2019 1st. Even then I'd probably rather have Marner or Aho. They're just so much better.

I have it as...

Aho
Marner
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Barzal
-
-
Connor

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016

The results were last year. At the time you were clearly wrong and is still up to change

Again find me a quote where I made the statement that connor was better

You guys make silly absolute statements that change from year to year. You say something that is wrong at the moment and what's it favours in your argument you claim you were right the whole time when it could change again

Barzal was the superior player last year
And marner and aho having a hot season doesnt change that.
You give the benefit of the doubt to marner and aho, but not barzal or connor
It's hypocritical and flawed reasoning

The only thing that should be claimed is that they're having better seasons

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
The results were last year. At the time you were clearly wrong and is still up to change

Again find me a quote where I made the statement that connor was better

You guys make silly absolute statements that change from year to year. You say something that is wrong at the moment and what's it favours in your argument you claim you were right the whole time when it could change again

Barzal was the superior player last year
And marner and aho having a hot season doesnt change that.
You give the benefit of the doubt to marner and aho, but not barzal or connor
It's hypocritical and flawed reasoning

The only thing that should be claimed is that they're having better seasons

Look at last year. Look at 2 years. Look at career numbers. They all say Connor is behind the other three while playing with more favorable line mates. It’s not rocket science.

It Could change in the future as all 4 are talented , but it is what it is right now.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Look at last year. Look at 2 years. Look at career numbers. They all say Connor is behind the other three while playing with more favorable line mates. It’s not rocket science.

It Could change in the future as all 4 are talented , but it is what it is right now.

I'm not even arguing for connor
I'm referring to Barzsl

And go ahead look at Kyle Connors track record..that doesnt actually help your argument. Connor dominated in his college league and was drafted a head of who
did well in his first year in the ahl
Then scored 30 goals his rookie season. Something neither of those players have accomplished yet

To say he's easily the worst at the time when was playing as well if, not better comes from arrogance, not some enlightenment

I still think barzal+connor was the best choice at the time and could be going forward. Connor and barzal have played the least amount of nhl hockey out of the choices. So I say give it another season at least

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I'm not even arguing for connor
I'm referring to Barzsl

And go ahead look at Kyle Connors track record..that doesnt actually help your argument. Connor dominated in his college league and was drafted a head of who
did well in his first year in the ahl
Then scored 30 goals his rookie season. Something neither of those players have accomplished yet

To say he's easily the worst at the time when was playing as well if, not better comes from arrogance, not some enlightenment

I still think barzal+connor was the best choice at the time and could be going forward. Connor and barzal have played the least amount of nhl hockey out of the choices. So I say give it another season at least

And as of right now, you were wrong and could still be wrong going forward. So quit telling others they were clearly wrong and could be in the future when it applies to you as well. That’s the point I was getting at in the first place.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
And as of right now, you were wrong and could still be wrong going forward. So quit telling others they were clearly wrong and could be in the future when it applies to you as well. That’s the point I was getting at in the first place.

How can I be wrong if I never made no claim of absolute like yourself?

At the time this poll was made the answer was barzal+connor
They proved it last year.
This is their 2nd year in the nhl where as marner and aho are in their 3rd year.
Players are known to have their sophomore slump

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Actually the biggest gap here is between Aho/Marner and Barzal. If I'm Toronto or Carolina and NYI called offering Barzal for either of Aho or Marner I'd laugh in their face. For NYI to trade for either it would have to be something like Barzal+Dobson+Bailey (1M retained) +2019 1st. Even then I'd probably rather have Marner or Aho. They're just so much better.

I have it as...

Aho
Marner
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Barzal

-
-
Connor

The hate is strong in this one.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
How can I be wrong if I never made no claim of absolute like yourself?

At the time this poll was made the answer was barzal+connor
They proved it last year.
This is their 2nd year in the nhl where as marner and aho are in their 3rd year.
Players are known to have their sophomore slump

Sophomore slump is bs. Marner and Aho didn’t have a sophomore slump. What NHL year is also irrelevant. All 3 are the same draft year and in fact, Connor is 5 months older than Marner and Barzal and 8 months older than Aho. The fact that he wasn’t NHL ready as soon as Marner and Aho doesn’t mean his “rookie “ contribution is more impressive because of it.

I find it hypocritical of you to make so much of the 1 season that Connor and Barzal had last year, but are complaining about people basing their views on this season.

Connor is the least productive of the 3 by a decent margin while playing with the best talent. Whether looking at this year, 2 years, or career. That very well could change in the future, but there is no denying the facts.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
At the time this poll was made, it was pretty clearly Barzal + Connor. Cool to see that Marner + Aho have pulled ahead this season, but this could still change again in the future (all these guys are supremely talented).

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Marner: 20g/67pts
Aho: 24g/64pts
TOTAL = 44g/131pts

Barzal: 16g/48pts
Connor: 22g/44pts
TOTAL= 38g/92pts

1st duo AINEC. it has the 2 best players

Marner/Aho
Barzal
Connor

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Prior to the season I'd have gone:

Barzal
Marner/Aho

Connor

And voted Marner/Aho.

------

Now I'd go:

Aho
Barzal/Marner

Connor

Vote stays the same.

giving barzal a lot of credit here, while also underrating marner. not only is mitch on pace for 30 more pts, he is also a significantly better 200ft player. Barzal gets bonus pts or being a C, but he is awful away from the puck and only wins 41% of his draws. mitch has pulled way ahead

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
giving barzal a lot of credit here, while also underrating marner. not only is mitch on pace for 30 more pts, he is also a significantly better 200ft player. Barzal gets bonus pts or being a C, but he is awful away from the puck and only wins 41% of his draws. mitch has pulled way ahead

Check Mitch's stats with and without Tavares in his career. Check Barzal's.

I'm not underrating Mitch at all, he's just overrated as all hell. Still a fantastic elite player, just overrated.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Sophomore slump is bs. Marner and Aho didn’t have a sophomore slump. What NHL year is also irrelevant. All 3 are the same draft year and in fact, Connor is 5 months older than Marner and Barzal and 8 months older than Aho. The fact that he wasn’t NHL ready as soon as Marner and Aho doesn’t mean his “rookie “ contribution is more impressive because of it.

I find it hypocritical of you to make so much of the 1 season that Connor and Barzal had last year, but are complaining about people basing their views on this season.

Connor is the least productive of the 3 by a decent margin while playing with the best talent. Whether looking at this year, 2 years, or career. That very well could change in the future, but there is no denying the facts.
You keep saying he always plays with Wheeler and Schf but he was playing with Little and Lainie and got switched back when Ehlers got hurt .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->