Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Please explain;
3 goaltenders.
99 import, 00, both with similar decent numbers. Also 01 with promising numbers (potential).
3 games before christmas break, all against division rivals. Last 2 against team below them in standings and battling with to make the playoffs. Why does the 99 import not get a single start during that stretch? Why bring in a 1 year import goalie if he is not going to be the guy? Will he be play Russian World Juniors and perhaps they asked to rest him? If not why did he not get the call - seems like a strange use of assets.
You have a reasonable point but Zhukov starts have certainly not proved him to be the starter on this team, and his numbers show that.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Please explain;
3 goaltenders.
99 import, 00, both with similar decent numbers. Also 01 with promising numbers (potential).
3 games before christmas break, all against division rivals. Last 2 against team below them in standings and battling with to make the playoffs. Why does the 99 import not get a single start during that stretch? Why bring in a 1 year import goalie if he is not going to be the guy? Will he be play Russian World Juniors and perhaps they asked to rest him? If not why did he not get the call - seems like a strange use of assets.

Unfortunately Zhukov has been pretty disappointing. Looks like the team will be looking to the future and that's Edmonds and Greaves. I'd like to see Zhukov traded, but unfortunately that's not allowed.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Unfortunately Zhukov has been pretty disappointing. Looks like the team will be looking to the future and that's Edmonds and Greaves. I'd like to see Zhukov traded, but unfortunately that's not allowed.

Imports can be traded - rule was changed when goalies were allowed back.

MOVING CLAUSE: The CHL has taken another step to make its league more appealing to European players. They have dropped a rule stating first-year imports could not be traded until the following season.
“We’ve said, ‘come and try it,’” Branch said, “and by mid-December, there will be a period of time that player could be traded if he’s not happy. But he’s got to be registered and playing for a CHL team for that to happen.”

OHL boss: Canadian net hopes will thrive after import ban lifted

Reactions: three dog night

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Imports can be traded - rule was changed when goalies were allowed back.

MOVING CLAUSE: The CHL has taken another step to make its league more appealing to European players. They have dropped a rule stating first-year imports could not be traded until the following season.
“We’ve said, ‘come and try it,’” Branch said, “and by mid-December, there will be a period of time that player could be traded if he’s not happy. But he’s got to be registered and playing for a CHL team for that to happen.”

OHL boss: Canadian net hopes will thrive after import ban lifted

Oh wow. Missed that. Good to know.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Definitely like Duhart coming in and I'd expect him to start off in the top 6 from what I've heard. Was hoping for more picks back in the deal, but will be good for Keane in what will likely be his final year in the O.

Reactions: zman77

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Am I missing something? A non elite 01 and a 3rd for Joey Keane? I would’ve expected multiple 2nds and a better player at minimum

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Am I missing something? A non elite 01 and a 3rd for Joey Keane? I would’ve expected multiple 2nds and a better player at minimum
Not disagreeing with you, but just adding some food for thought:
Duhart will add scoring, grit, and he'll be with the Colts for another 2 (maybe 3) seasons. I expect him to settle into a top 6 role, contribute offensively. Keane, however talented, is really a half year 'rental'.
Hope the trade benefits both clubs.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

I was flabbergasted as well. We've seen elite defensemen go for far more than this in recent years. A bottom 6 forward and a single pick is not an acceptable return for Joey Keane. This move is a real slap in the face to Colts fans.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Not disagreeing with you, but just adding some food for thought:
Duhart will add scoring, grit, and he'll be with the Colts for another 2 (maybe 3) seasons. I expect him to settle into a top 6 role, contribute offensively. Keane, however talented, is really a half year 'rental'.
Hope the trade benefits both clubs.
I like this trade, obviously it will pay dividends for London immediately and will help them with their run. I agree the fact that Keane is a " rental" and the Colts will hopefully reap the benefits in the coming years from Duhart and the pick. Barrie was going nowhere fast and it might also be an indicator where the market is for this years trade deadline.

Reactions: zman77 and nelli27

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

You are right, you are missing something. Dolton Duhart is a type of player coaches love to have on their team and better yet he's a full down to heart team player. He'll knock a wall down for his team if asked.

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Are the conditions on the other picks known?

The 2 Conditional 2nd Round Picks are for Barrie if Joey Keane plays as an Overage.
Dec. 28BARJoey KeaneLDNDalton Duhart
OSH 2 2020
LDN 2 2024*
LDN 3 2023*
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Another embarrassing effort. Feel bad for the few players left still trying. Edmonds seemed pretty mad in his post game interview the colts posted, and rightfully so.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
This team is starting to look worse and worse, day by day. If your gonna trade someone like Keane why not get a more promising player and some more draft picks. Still think we could have got more for Murray as well.....

Gonna be a very interesting second half, hopefully the team can pull some strings together in put some wins into the win column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad