Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Is he any good heard hounds picked him up ?
Puts his heart and soul into every game! Attended the Arizona Coyotes rookie camp this past summer! Has some good speed and definitely can be a depth payer to have on your team! Serves as a great penalty killer and can put up some points depending on where he is situated in the lineup.

Reactions: soo hound girl

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Heard that to from OHL insiders on twitter would be a good depth move for the Soo, but highly doubt they would send any other players our way (most likely gonna be draft picks)

Rumour is that the trade is for Anthony Demeo, but we'll see what happens.

Reactions: Colts 5656

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Hounds don't have much draft picks so what are you going to get?
Yeah not too sure, I wasn't sure if the Hounds were willing to give up any of their players on their current roster. I thought it might be a depth move and the Colts giving him a better opportunity to win, not too sure though.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Yeah not too sure, I wasn't sure if the Hounds were willing to give up any of their players on their current roster. I thought it might be a depth move and the Colts giving him a better opportunity to win, not too sure though.

Barrie gets a 6th round pick for Peca. He's definitely a Greyhounds style player, so hopefully he finds success in his new home.

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
Good luck Jaden wishing you all the best in the SSM.

Just wondering here though, Peca was Barries 6th round pick 102nd overall 4 years ago, he has played 3 years in the 'O' with a career high of 47 PTS(?) last year and all we can get is a 6th back. Is everyone happy with this or is this as expected?

I suppose with Peca being an O/A next year and not fitting into the plans, something is better than nothing.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Would have liked a better return, but with how he's played this season it was expected. Best of luck to Peca in the Soo and hopefully can turn his season around.

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
Based on what we have recieved in the return for the players we have traded, I wonder whether this is a result of the talent that Barrie actually has in its organization.
IMO If that is the case then I don't see the Colts being much better next year and possibly worse.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Would have liked a better return, but with how he's played this season it was expected. Best of luck to Peca in the Soo and hopefully can turn his season around.

The Greyhounds rarely bring in players from other organizations (only one player on the roster until now), but the players almost always make big strides when they do.

The team is extremely selective and I'm sure they see something special in Peca. Here are only 2 similar examples that I can think of.

Bobby MacIntyre hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

Jean Dupuy hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
Really!!!!

sounds like a great acquisition to me:thumbd:.
No offense to Timms. But why bother, why not use that 15th round pick on a flyer.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Based on what we have recieved in the return for the players we have traded, I wonder whether this is a result of the talent that Barrie actually has in its organization.
IMO If that is the case then I don't see the Colts being much better next year and possibly worse.

Colts team is now quite young with most of roster being born between 2000-2002 and they'll be put into larger rolls. Development the rest of the season will be important to being better. Also factor in another higher import likely in next year and it could be a quick turnaround. Also for the 2019 draft they have some quality picks to add some talent.

Reactions: dirty12

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
Puts his heart and soul into every game! Attended the Arizona Coyotes rookie camp this past summer! Has some good speed and definitely can be a depth payer to have on your team! Serves as a great penalty killer and can put up some points depending on where he is situated in the lineup.
I think you are pumping up the situation. The kid specializes in scoring garbage goals, which is not a bad thing, for other players that have the skill to bring the puck to the net, he finishes.

Reactions: HockeyPops

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
Colts team is now quite young with most of roster being born between 2000-2002 and they'll be put into larger rolls. Development the rest of the season will be important to being better. Also factor in another higher import likely in next year and it could be a quick turnaround. Also for the 2019 draft they have some quality picks to add some talent.

Agrre with most of what you say. But my point is, this year the Colts are going nowhere and chances are next year as well will be a down year. So why are we hanging on to the 98, 99, and the 2000 born players. The Colts are looking at least a 2 year window. JMO but i would rather see the team go into a full scale rebuild and start to build a solid situation with a full cupboard and a lots of potential in the talent pool

After saying that, I realize that that is not the Colts management philosphy.

Better to make the playoffs and hopefully get to the second round. Mediocre Mentallity.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Agrre with most of what you say. But my point is, this year the Colts are going nowhere and chances are next year as well will be a down year. So why are we hanging on to the 98, 99, and the 2000 born players. The Colts are looking at least a 2 year window. JMO but i would rather see the team go into a full scale rebuild and start to build a solid situation with a full cupboard and a lots of potential in the talent pool

After saying that, I realize that that is not the Colts management philosphy.

Better to make the playoffs and hopefully get to the second round. Mediocre Mentallity.

Sounds like more trades may be on the way for the 98s and 99s. As for bringing in Timms I believe it's good to have a veteran presence with a young team.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Do you think Barrie would move Tucker before the deadline? what would it take to get him and why?

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
I think you are pumping up the situation. The kid specializes in scoring garbage goals, which is not a bad thing, for other players that have the skill to bring the puck to the net, he finishes.
Not too sure what you are trying to get at? Never once said he is a goal per game type player.... Please explain?

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
Not too sure what you are trying to get at? Never once said he is a goal per game type player.... Please explain?
Peca doesn't have the possession stats or elite play making skills as a player. What he has is a nose for the net and gritty sometimes borderline tactics that often convert into penalties. I think his skill set is interchangeable with the top 15% players in the OJHL

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Peca doesn't have the possession stats or elite play making skills as a player. What he has is a nose for the net and gritty sometimes borderline tactics that often convert into penalties. I think his skill set is interchangeable with the top 15% players in the OJHL
Not sure why you called me out, never once called Peca an elite goal scorer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad