Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauler

Feb 26, 2018
Nice bounce back win for the team. Power play is going to have to start clicking .

Last edited:

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Nice bounce back win for the team. Power play is going to have to start clicking .
Colts showed up to play and thats for sure. Hawerchuck wasn't too pleased after the other nights loss, as he stated "if guys aren't going to be all in, they can't do it properly"

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
If i'm right this is Dale Hawerchucks last year of his contract. I think its time to let him go and bring in new staff that can stick around for another rebuild. Colts have lots of young talent on their team (Foerster, Piercy, Greaves) that haven't yet fully developed their games into a elite OHL player. I feel sometimes Dale tends to leave his rookies left to dry with ice time and doesn't give them enough ice team to adjust to this level of hockey. A good example of this is Connor LePage......... goes to Gatineau and scores 3 goals in his first 2 games.

Thoughts on this??

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If i'm right this is Dale Hawerchucks last year of his contract. I think its time to let him go and bring in new staff that can stick around for another rebuild. Colts have lots of young talent on their team (Foerster, Piercy, Greaves) that haven't yet fully developed their games into a elite OHL player. I feel sometimes Dale tends to leave his rookies left to dry with ice time and doesn't give them enough ice team to adjust to this level of hockey. A good example of this is Connor LePage......... goes to Gatineau and scores 3 goals in his first 2 games.

Thoughts on this??

Lepage now has 6pts in 12GP.
Tortora de-committed from BC to ‘play for great coach Hawerchuk’. Would you prefer Barrie be able to attract US players with good hockey options; or, keeping a kid that cleared OHL waivers before joining a Q league team?

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
I believe Hawerchuk "the great coach" was there when Tortora was drafted and defected. I believe the de-commitment speaks more to the player than the coach. Looks more like a player chasing, playing for a good team to get noticed than a player working to get better and be noticed.

Reactions: Colts 5656

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I am sure Tortora was seen with USNDT and at BC; and, could have got noticed in Kitchener too. Seems to me, a good enough player to choose his destination wanting to go to the place he feels will best prepare him for pro hockey.
That does not necessarily mean it will work out; see Nizhnikov

Last edited:

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Tortora could have got noticed in Kitchener too. Seems to me, a good enough player to choose his destination wanting to go to the place he feels will best prepare him for pro hockey.
That does not necessarily mean it will work out; see Nizhnikov

Niz probably isn't a good example. The kid apparently doesn't want to play for anyone after 3 teams now. :huh:

Hawerchuk, IMO, is a good Junior coach; there are much worse in this league. Really unfortunate that his son plays for the Colts and fans will scream nepotism when Ben does anything. The kid moves on next year, than those fans that don't like Dales coaching style will have to find a new slant against him.

Reactions: dirty12

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
I believe Hawerchuk "the great coach" was there when Tortora was drafted and defected. I believe the de-commitment speaks more to the player than the coach. Looks more like a player chasing, playing for a good team to get noticed than a player working to get better and be noticed.
Exactly

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Niz probably isn't a good example. The kid apparently doesn't want to play for anyone after 3 teams now. :huh:

Hawerchuk, IMO, is a good Junior coach; there are much worse in this league. Really unfortunate that his son plays for the Colts and fans will scream nepotism when Ben does anything. The kid moves on next year, than those fans that don't like Dales coaching style will have to find a new slant against him.
I truly believe having his son on his team has really affected him and the way he is seen as a coach. Have heard in the past that Ben has been a disruption in the change room and not too many people like him. I feel that maybe once his son has moved on he may feel the need to move on.

IMO Dale is a good coach but he honesty hasn't gotten this team to the final destination which is the mem cup. I think its time for change.

Reactions: styleeano

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Wasn't able to attend last nights game, how did it go? Nice to see Tortora get the teddy bear toss goal, and Hill to get his 2nd of the year.
Colts lack consitency once again......

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Wasn't able to attend last nights game, how did it go? Nice to see Tortora get the teddy bear toss goal, and Hill to get his 2nd of the year.
Colts lack consitency once again......

It was ugly. Lots of defensive breakdowns and givaways. This colts team has to be the easiest I've ever seen to breakout against and enter the offensive zone. Zero forecheck or pressure on the opposing team. Feel bad for Edmonds. He was left out to dry.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
It was ugly. Lots of defensive breakdowns and givaways. This colts team has to be the easiest I've ever seen to breakout against and enter the offensive zone. Zero forecheck or pressure on the opposing team. Feel bad for Edmonds. He was left out to dry.
Wow eh they definitely need to tighten up on their defensive game. There is really no one to blame but themselves.......
IMO I think Edmonds has won the starting role.
How did York look?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Wow eh they definitely need to tighten up on their defensive game. There is really no one to blame but themselves.......
IMO I think Edmonds has won the starting role.
How did York look?

York was fine if you ignore a giveaway directly resulting in a goal. He's nothing exciting. Still don't love the trade.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
That's going to happen ALOT.
Yup, was keeping an eye on him tonight I got at least 5 turnovers.
I really thought Victor Hadfield had a strong game tonight. He could potentially log some more minutes with Keane gone, and I feel that his confidence will be real strong, especially after a game like he had tonight.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
He sends 16 out there just like we in North Bay do with Brazeau. Not hard to lose the room when 16 seems to get the most icetime.

D.Hawerchuk plays his top players a lot, for sure. 16 is probabably 5th in minutes behind Keane, Suzuki, Chiodo, Tortora

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
When Ben Hawerchuk has 15 goals and has generally played quite well this year, and the others expected to move into larger roles have regressed and been a negative impact when they're on the ice, it makes sense why Hawerchuk is played as much as he has. Others have been tried in his place and just haven't produced. Rather than these players complaining about it, show they deserve it.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
D.Hawerchuk plays his top players a lot, for sure. 16 is probabably 5th in minutes behind Keane, Suzuki, Chiodo, Tortora
He seemed to be the top guy yesterday, mind you early on at least he was matched vs our 17. I've never been much of a fan of Jr. Lots of dirty hits and lots of yapping that rarely gets backed up.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Please explain;
3 goaltenders.
99 import, 00, both with similar decent numbers. Also 01 with promising numbers (potential).
3 games before christmas break, all against division rivals. Last 2 against team below them in standings and battling with to make the playoffs. Why does the 99 import not get a single start during that stretch? Why bring in a 1 year import goalie if he is not going to be the guy? Will he be play Russian World Juniors and perhaps they asked to rest him? If not why did he not get the call - seems like a strange use of assets.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
When Ben Hawerchuk has 15 goals and has generally played quite well this year, and the others expected to move into larger roles have regressed and been a negative impact when they're on the ice, it makes sense why Hawerchuk is played as much as he has. Others have been tried in his place and just haven't produced. Rather than these players complaining about it, show they deserve it.
Much agreed, players like Wilms, Peca, and Brown have got off to pretty disapointing starts to the year. All 4th year players who should be contributing to the team much more than they have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad