Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDogg14

Dec 9, 2013
Ontario
With two open OA spots, what do you think we could get from Ottawa for Chiodo? Love the kid and all but lets hope management is proactive and gets something for his services...

outforarip

Oct 6, 2018
A few more thoughts on the top 6 setup right now. I feel the top line badly lacks some physicality to make room for the skill guys while the second line of Hawerchuk-Willms-Pekar lacks a skill guy to create some offense. I'd move Chiodo down with Willms and Hawerchuk and Pekar up with Suzuki and Tortora.
If the team doesn't start racking up some significant wins quickly to lock in a playoff spot. I would suggest trying Piercey on the big line to see if he can create some space with his physical game. Would probably help with his development for next season.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
If Barrie does decide to sell, what pieces do you think they'll move? Chiodo and Murray would be the two I guess? I wouldn't mind my Gens getting Jason Willms for a could mid round picks

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
If Barrie does decide to sell, what pieces do you think they'll move? Chiodo and Murray would be the two I guess? I wouldn't mind my Gens getting Jason Willms for a could mid round picks

Joey Keane would be the first one I'd imagine. Don't see Willms going anywhere as he's a good OA for the Colts next year. Murray and Chiodo definitely would be possiblities.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Joey Keane would be the first one I'd imagine. Don't see Willms going anywhere as he's a good OA for the Colts next year. Murray and Chiodo definitely would be possiblities.

Keane, Murray, Zhukov, Hawerchuk and Chiodo are the ones who won't be back next year I guess?

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Just my response on the topics above, I can't see the Colts moving anyone other than Chiodo, and Murray. In my opinion keep what we have and than make some deals next year and make a big run. Players will be more developed and ready to go.

Similar situation to 2 years ago when we traded away Douglas, Brassard, Landry.......... Look where we could have been if we had kept those players last year and especially this season.

Management is gonna have to make some crucial decisions but I hope they make the right one and wait it out and go for an actual run that doesn't consist of winning their division like they have in past years.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Just my response on the topics above, I can't see the Colts moving anyone other than Chiodo, and Murray. In my opinion keep what we have and than make some deals next year and make a big run. Players will be more developed and ready to go.

Similar situation to 2 years ago when we traded away Douglas, Brassard, Landry.......... Look where we could have been if we had kept those players last year and especially this season.

Management is gonna have to make some crucial decisions but I hope they make the right one and wait it out and go for an actual run that doesn't consist of winning their division like they have in past years.

Can’t see Keane being back next year. 3rd round pick, he’ll definitely be signed before the end of the year, which means he’ll be AHL next year. And Zhukov is in a similar spot as a 4th round pick

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie

Gotta add Keane on the trade block. Has the highest value of them all and he won't be back.

The Brassard trade got a good return including picking Allensen with the 2nd received in that deal. I'd make that one again today. Douglas one in hindsight was steep, but they wanted to make a run and the top OA last year wasn't going to be cheap. Saying that I'm not sure I'd do it again as the cost for Miletec was a decent amount lower. As much as I'd like Landry right now, I can't complain about that one too much. Got a solid OA in Fergus last year plus a 4th round pick for a player they drafted in what, the 10th round?

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
If Joey Keane gets moved at rhe dealine. What return does Barrie ask for?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Tough to see Murray go. One of my favorite Colts since I've followed the team. Don't think he ever took a shift off, always there to stand up for teammates. Could be relied on for a important goal or huge defensive play. Hope he gets a shot at a NHL contract.

Reactions: Wrocker

outforarip

Oct 6, 2018
Murray was a good heart and soul player, he always stuck up for his team mates. Good luck to him in Saginaw.

Who get's the C now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad