Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Hi Barrie fans, OS Attack fan here; Do you think the Colt's have enough to make a real run at a title this year?
Would management make a big splash - trading for C/RW/99 N. Suzuki?
It would be quite amazing watching the talented brothers playing along side of each other for the remainder of this season. Just wanted to throw this one out there, wondering what you think ?

Don't see them going in big. Ideally next year should be the year and need to bring back in some assets if anything this season.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Haven't seen video of the Cameron hit, but comments from even Niagara media was that they were surprised it was even a penalty.

Funny, not even a week after Mutter jumps into Tucker's face and gets nothing as far as I know. Great consistency OHL...

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Haven't seen video of the Cameron hit, but comments from even Niagara media was that they were surprised it was even a penalty.

Funny, not even a week after Mutter jumps into Tucker's face and gets nothing as far as I know. Great consistency OHL...
Branch and the league literally hate the Colts

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Don't see any issues with that hit, head was up and everything.

I can't see a problem either, he glides in and he appears to tuck his arm against his body ( so no flying elbow theories) prior to the hit. The puck carrier ( Lodnia) is too busy with his check to see the hit coming.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Chris Cameron was playing in last nights game against the Steelheads........ wonder if it was just a 1 game suspension or something.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
On the other hand awesome game by the Colts last night, as they were down 1-0 and fought back and won 4-2. "new guy" Jake Tortora with his first OHL hatty as he continues to impress with 6 goals in 4 games for Barrie.

Really starting to notice how elite this top 6 can be, that first line of Tortora-Suzuki-Chiodo already having some pretty good chemistry amongst each other.

Nice to see Brown get one, as that third line of Brown-Rhodes-Peca continues to be strong with a good cycle game down low and the ability to create offensive scoring chances.

Kai Edmonds with his second straight win, nice to see him have some early success as he has played very well this season so far.

Colts take on the Owen Sound Attack at 7:30 Saturday night at the Bay Shore arena in Owen Sound!

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Colts have a record of 14-11-1 thus far and sit 4th in the central division. The record certainly doesn't show how good this team really is, along with a very close central division they are in.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

road warrior

May 25, 2014
Was at the Missy vs Barrie game
Was interested to see Jacob Tortora & see what all the fuss was about with this formerly defected 1-St rounder.

1-st period 1-st impressions - he's a tiny undersized, underweight player, looks more like 16-17 that 19. And he's a floater - avoiding all physical play. What a disappointment - what's all the fuss about?

2-nd period 2-nd impression Then he bookmarks the 2-nd by scoring 30 seconds into the period & with 30 seconds left. Kids got a lightning fast release & a laser beam accurate shot, picking top corners shooting from the high slot.

3-rd period Tortora finishes the hat trick with a sweet goal right down in front of the crease. But despite being down in the dirty area - he didn't get hit on the play.

Ok now I see what all the fuss is about. Kid's a dead-eye sniper.
But I'll be surprised if he can take the physical pounding he's sure to start getting.

PS - I thought I saw Mark Hunter in the arena. Does he typically dress down when he's out scouting? If it was him - who do you think he's looking at on Missy or Barrie?

Last edited:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Was at the Missy vs Barrie game
Was interested to see Jacob Tortora & see what all the fuss was about with this formerly defected 1-St rounder.

1-st period 1-st impressions - he's a tiny undersized, underweight player, looks more like 16-17 that 19. And he's a floater - avoiding all physical play. What a disappointment - what's all the fuss about?

2-nd period 2-nd impression Then he bookmarks the 2-nd by scoring 30 seconds into the period & with 30 seconds left. Kids got a lightning fast release & a laser beam accurate shot, picking top corners shooting from the high slot.

3-rd period Tortora finishes the hat trick with a sweet goal right down in front of the crease. But despite being down in the dirty area - he didn't get hit on the play.

Ok now I see what all the fuss is about. Kid's a dead-eye sniper.
But I'll be surprised if he can take the physical pounding the he's sure to start getting.

PS - I thought I saw Mark Hunter in the arena. Does he typically dress down when he's out scouting? If it was him - who do you think he's looking at on Missy or Barrie?
Thx for the Tortora report. Hunter could have his eyes on Tippett--just a guess.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Colts have a record of 14-11-1 thus far and sit 4th in the central division. The record certainly doesn't show how good this team really is, along with a very close central division they are in.
Totally agree. Colts are rarely mentioned in the same breath as potential buyers but I also believe they’re underrated, especially with the latest addition.

Reactions: Colts 5656

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Chris Cameron was playing in last nights game against the Steelheads........ wonder if it was just a 1 game suspension or something.
Safe to assume the league reviewed the hit and the on ice clearly was wrong on the call.
Clean hit, just as I presumed.

hauler

Feb 26, 2018
When will this three goalie rotation end. Cant be good for any of their developement. Who is on their way out?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
When will this three goalie rotation end. Cant be good for any of their developement. Who is on their way out?

I'm starting to think they might just go with it. They're all getting games and Zhukov hasn't run away with the starting job, plus he's likely not back next year. Keep all 3 and you have a solid Edmonds/Greaves tandem next year.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Rough night for Zhukov. He'd likely want back at least 2 of the goals. Surprised they didn't go with Edmonds again. Tough loss when trying to climb the standings.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Rough night for Zhukov. He'd likely want back at least 2 of the goals. Surprised they didn't go with Edmonds again. Tough loss when trying to climb the standings.
Was surprised to, especially the way he has been playing as of late. Zhukov has had a couple games this year where I haven't been so sold on his play. Now he is a Vegas draft pick, but it still seems like he is developing his game. I have a feeling in order to make the jump to pro next year it is going to have to take him a lot of work to improve some of the little stuff in his game to make that jump.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
A few more thoughts on the top 6 setup right now. I feel the top line badly lacks some physicality to make room for the skill guys while the second line of Hawerchuk-Willms-Pekar lacks a skill guy to create some offense. I'd move Chiodo down with Willms and Hawerchuk and Pekar up with Suzuki and Tortora.

Hockeyguy54

Dec 5, 2018
What do you guys think the colts are going to do with their goalies now that we are coming close to the trade deadline?

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
What do you guys think the colts are going to do with their goalies now that we are coming close to the trade deadline?
With Zhukov most likely not returning next year I think there is 2 options the Colts have in place.
1. Roll with all 3 goalies that way next year Edmonds and Greaves will be the only goalies on the team
2. Or they get Edmonds some more playing time by trading him and than that way next year Greaves is the starter

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Congratulations to Matej Pekar and Joey Keane for getting named to a world junior preliminary roster spot for their respective countries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad