Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
As per Gene Pereira's latest article, good chance Tortora is in the Colts lineup Thursday night in Erie. Also regarding the question on 7 99's, Keane and Zhukov likely go pro next year, I don't believe Brown is worthy of a OA spot, so your down to Willms, Peca, Tortora and Cameron. I think you could find a spot for Cameron assuming the Colts go with the first 3 there.
I would also accept them to maybe get rid of someone like Brown in a trade sometime this year.

hauler

Feb 26, 2018
Less of a prediction and more of how I'd have things.

Chiodo-Suzuki-Pekar
Tortora-Willms-Peca
Rhodes-Bignell-Hawerchuk
Piercey-Foerster-Brown
Fleming

Chiodo Suzuki Hawerchuk
Tortora Willms Pekar
Brown Bignell Peca
Piercey Forester Rhodes
Flemming

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018

Chiodo-Suzuki-Pekar
Tortora-Willms-Peca
Rhodes-Bignell-Hawerchuk
Piercey-Foerster-Brown
Fleming
Really like those combinations. Hoping some chemistry can be found and we can get things rolling!!!

styleeano

Aug 30, 2017
Looks like we might have dropped the ball on Connor LePage 5 games 6 points playing for Gatineau

colts29

Nov 12, 2018

Chiodo-Suzuki-Pekar
Tortora-Willms-Peca
Rhodes-Bignell-Hawerchuk
Piercey-Foerster-Brown
Fleming

I know that Chido and Suzucki have chemistry but why not move Tortora up with with Suzuki. Let them develope some chemistry for next year.
Just spitballing here, and if McBain shows up things could change quick.

Reactions: LeafsColts13

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Nice to see Tortora get his first OHL goal in his first game, Hawerchuck with 2 as well and is continuing to have a scoring touch with 11th goal on the year.

Colts take on Icedogs tonight in game #2, of a 3 games in a row span.

Last edited:

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Nice to see Tortora get his first OHL goal in his first game, Hawerchuck with 2 as well and is continuing to have a scoring touch with 11th goal on the year.

Colts take on Saginaw tonight in game #2, of a 3 games in a row span.
There in St Catharines tonight to take on the Dogs.

outforarip

Oct 6, 2018
Tough loss last night. That ice dogs team has lots of fire power but it would have been nice to see the game a little closer.
Hopefully tonight's game goes well, tough loss against Guelph earlier in the month.

The new lines look decent, the Tortora seems to have some good speed.

I thought the 4th line look good last nice. Piercey was playing tough which was great. Rhodes seemed to be moving the puck around nicely and Foerster was looking solid in the middle.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Tortora scored a nice goal good speed thank goodness he didn’t land in London lol I was surprised Edmonds did not start against the IceDogs .

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
How about that 3rd period? Huge fan of Tortora since his draft year and I'm estatic that he's here. Nice to see Benny get the hat trick as well.

Reactions: Colts 5656

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
This top 6 is a real solid core to have for this team.

Love the line of Tortora, Suzuki, Chiodo.
The chemistry was already buzzin between the 3.

The 2nd line of Pekar, Wilms, Hawerchuck looks real solid as well (if Hawerchcuk can keep this scoring pace up)

Having Brown, and Peca on the 3rd line is real good depth to have considering Peca had 47 points last year.
Brown provides a fairly good amount of offence as-well, and is not afraid to lay the body.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Colts record certainly does not show how good of a team they have.

Ottawa 67's who are a top team in the CHL and have lost 3 games all year have 111 goals for, and the Colts have 102..........
Certainly tells you something
Colts are 4th in the league for goals for.......

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie

Ottawa 67's who are a top team in the CHL and have lost 3 games all year have 111 goals for, and the Colts have 102..........

They are alot better than the record shows I think. They have blow some games and it's cost them easy points. If they can build off the Guelph game I think we see them move up the standings.

Reactions: Colts 5656

colts29

Nov 12, 2018

Colts are 9th in GA and 1st in PIMs. This needs to change in oder to move up the standings.
IMO the Colts need to be looking at next year and the year after, and make the appropriate asset management decsions. Something that they have been reluctant to do in the past.

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Colts are 9th in GA and 1st in PIMs. This needs to change in oder to move up the standings.
IMO the Colts need to be looking at next year and the year after, and make the appropriate asset management decsions. Something that they have been reluctant to do in the past.
Barrie should finish above North bay but other then that I dont see you guys as better then anyone else in the division besides maybe Missy

outforarip

Oct 6, 2018
This top 6 is a real solid core to have for this team.

Love the line of Tortora, Suzuki, Chiodo.
The chemistry was already buzzin between the 3.

The 2nd line of Pekar, Wilms, Hawerchuck looks real solid as well (if Hawerchcuk can keep this scoring pace up)

Having Brown, and Peca on the 3rd line is real good depth to have considering Peca had 47 points last year.
Brown provides a fairly good amount of offence as-well, and is not afraid to lay the body.

It was fun to watch that first line with Tortora on it wow they were flying and super creative.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Hi Barrie fans, OS Attack fan here; Do you think the Colt's have enough to make a real run at a title this year?
Would management make a big splash - trading for C/RW/99 N. Suzuki?
It would be quite amazing watching the talented brothers playing along side of each other for the remainder of this season. Just wanted to throw this one out there, wondering what you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad