Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Doesn't help when they are charging $30 for general admission to a junior hockey game, just pathetic I could go to an NHL game in Florida for that price. The colts are one of the few teams in the league that don't have a ticket/food combo deal at games.....perhaps to why their overall attendance has been so low for the last year and a bit.

It's quite a bit cheaper if you go to the arena for tickets. $23.50 at the BMC I believe. But I fully agree. More needs to be done with deals/flex packs.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Looking like Zach Magwood is officially set to join the Milwaukee Admirals of the AHL. On his elite prospects profile it shows he is now with the team.........

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
INSIDER REPORT: Kyle Heitzner had on his social media last night on snapchat "my face when I found out I was staying the O, excited to be apart of the Mississauga Steelheads. As knowing Kyle from high school looks like nothing has been announced to the public but the trade has been made.

Reactions: colts3434

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Not too surprised to see Heitzner dealt. Rookies offered more with more upside. Sounds like a good kid and was well liked by his teammates. Wish him luck in missy.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Not too surprised to see Heitzner dealt. Rookies offered more with more upside. Sounds like a good kid and was well liked by his teammates. Wish him luck in missy.
Knew this deal was coming....... I stated it before people even knew lol

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Wish Kyle the best of luck in Missy. Enjoyed watching him play for the Colts and not really a fan of the trade. Really liked watching Kyle play especially in last years playoffs against Kingston before he got hurt and thought he was a good character guy. While many disappeared as the series wore on against a bigger-physical Kingston team I thought Kyle was one of the bright spots until he got hurt. Look forward to seeing him play in a couple weeks at the Molson Centre.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Wish Kyle the best of luck in Missy. Enjoyed watching him play for the Colts and not really a fan of the trade. Really liked watching Kyle play especially in last years playoffs against Kingston before he got hurt and thought he was a good character guy. While many disappeared as the series wore on against a bigger-physical Kingston team I thought Kyle was one of the bright spots until he got hurt. Look forward to seeing him play in a couple weeks at the Molson Centre.
Much agreed! He was one of the only players on the colts that wasn't afraid to drop the mits.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Really starting to become a fan of Piercy. Wasn't too big on him in preseason but lately I've started to really notice his ability to force guy to turn pucks over with his very active stick. I really like the way he played in the game against the Bulldogs. Any one else thoguhts?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
What are the wolves expecting out of the Colts this evening?

A team with one of the top bluelines in the league, solid goaltending and a hard working gritty group up front with some good skill. Should be a physical and chippy game. They'll want to bounce back a little after the loss to Hamilton. Should be a full lineup with the exception of Magwood as he's still at AHL camp. Zhukov got both starts last week. Might see Edmonds tonight.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Hey folks , how poorly did the wolves play tonight? Congrats on the win.

Last edited:

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Hey folks , how poorly did the wolves play tonight? Congrats on the win.
Wolves did not look like mid-season form last night. Jake McGrath was pulled, backup goalie comes in and lets two goals on first two shots, than McGrath went back in. Awful effort from the wolves, as the colts went full firepower on them.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
I don't know about you guys but is it just me or does Connor LePage look out of place out there? Doesn't seem to do well with the pace of the game.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Wolves did not look like mid-season form last night. Jake McGrath was pulled, backup goalie comes in and lets two goals on first two shots, than McGrath went back in. Awful effort from the wolves, as the colts went full firepower on them.

Yeah Thursday night was truly awful lol. I'm positive you'll get that good game you were expecting before when we play here tomorrow. UPL is back and the whole team outplayed and got the deserved 5-2 win vs Oshawa last night.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Yeah Thursday night was truly awful lol. I'm positive you'll get that good game you were expecting before when we play here tomorrow. UPL is back and the whole team outplayed and got the deserved 5-2 win vs Oshawa last night.
What is in store for Sudbury this year? Rebuilding, contenders, 50-50 team???

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
What is in store for Sudbury this year? Rebuilding, contenders, 50-50 team???
It likely isn’t their year to go all out or anything but I think we will see a return to respectability as they build towards becoming a top team.

Still some question marks regarding our second import slot with Lipanov in Tampa’s system and Malik our second year import injured. The team should be mid pack hopefully and with a move or two maybe higher.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
It likely isn’t their year to go all out or anything but I think we will see a return to respectability as they build towards becoming a top team.

Still some question marks regarding our second import slot with Lipanov in Tampa’s system and Malik our second year import injured. The team should be mid pack hopefully and with a move or two maybe higher.
Best of luck! Byfield is looking like he is gonna be in a elite player in this league and is gonna be in the NHL in no time. Him and Levin looked really well together the other night. Is this gonna be Macauley Carson's breakout year?? Could get some minutes on top line with Byfield and Levin?

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Best of luck! Byfield is looking like he is gonna be in a elite player in this league and is gonna be in the NHL in no time. Him and Levin looked really well together the other night. Is this gonna be Macauley Carson's breakout year?? Could get some minutes on top line with Byfield and Levin?
I have Carson getting the C.. and 40+ goals, but I’ve also been saying he’ll break out since his draft year lol. I think Macauley looks like a new player though this year, as he is noticeably faster which was his biggest downfall. The shot and grit are there for sure. Should be a good game tomorrow.

Reactions: Colts 5656

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Appears it's not televised. Really wish Sudbury would televise every game.

Top line continuing to stay hot is nice to see. Zuke with another one for 10 points in 3 games and a period.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Tough lose for the Colts tonight as the Wolves make a strong comeback to win it 3-2 in OT. Colts next game is this Thursday at the BMC against Kyle Heitzner and the Mississauga Steelheads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad