Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Zach Magwood was not on the Admirals roster today. Is this a sign of him coming back to Barrie?

outforarip

Oct 6, 2018
Big weekend for the Colts. It was nice see Greaves come back from a slow start to get third star on
Thursday.
Anyone know if they are carrying all three goalies all year?

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Man do I ever wish Austin D'orazio could have made the team over Victor Hadfield. Yea he might have been the 7th D but it would be good for his development to play at this level. It just seems to me Hadfield is a bit out of it and seems that every time he is on we get scored. Mind you Hadfield was a former 1st overall pick in the Midget U18 draft in 2017. He's just never developed into the player they thought they were getting.

OU812

Sep 11, 2017
I have felt the same about him. However, to say he was the best midget player out there is just not accurate in my opinion. There was a lot of marketing decisions in using the name with the first overall pick. He had a good story going from A hockey to OHL in a few years, but I agree, he looks like a deer in the headlights when he plays.
It’s time to pull the chute.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
You know what I'm trying to stay optimistic about this team, but if they don't make a trade or gain some offensive players I can't even see them making the playoffs. The depth on this team is brutal.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Feels like there is quite a few players underperforming right now. Peca, Willms, Bignell are all better than they've played so far. I've continued to like how Rhodes has played. Perhaps time to move him up the depth chart. Agree regarding Hadfield as well. Shouldn't be in the league. Should also add that I get the Hawerchuk complaints, but he hasn't been the problem this year this far. Up to 4 goals in 6 games.

Lastly, it looks like Magwood still hasn't played for Milwaukee after being a scratch again last night. Just send him back...

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Feels like there is quite a few players underperforming right now. Peca, Willms, Bignell are all better than they've played so far. I've continued to like how Rhodes has played. Perhaps time to move him up the depth chart. Agree regarding Hadfield as well. Shouldn't be in the league. Should also add that I get the Hawerchuk complaints, but he hasn't been the problem this year this far. Up to 4 goals in 6 games.

Lastly, it looks like Magwood still hasn't played for Milwaukee after being a scratch again last night. Just send him back...
Very much agreed. Allenson had been quit as well playing those third pair minutes. I've honestly been impressed with Hawerchuck, he has one of the best shots on the team and if he can use it accurately it may be beneficial. Hopefully Colts can reset and have a much better game today from all four lines and not just their top lines!

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
In regards to Magwood, it is quit odd for Milwaukee to scratch him in their first two games. You would think that they would either want him to play so he can develop to pro level hockey, or come back to the OHL just like former Colt Kevin Labanc and tear it up. Does anyone know if in the AHL there is deadlines as to when you can keep or rookie or send them back down to their respected junior team?

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Zhukov looked real strong in net yesterday, and is slowly showing that he can be the starter for this tea,. I believe that we will see Edmonds gone pretty soon therefore leaving Greaves as Zhukov's backup.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
On defence, I really like the offensive game of Tyler Tucker as of late. He has really shown that he can have a very offensive mindset and isn't afraid to rush with the puck. Tucker has one hell of a shoot and he's really been using it lately having 6 points his first 6 games. Our top 4 is strong with the likes of Tucker, Murray, Keane, and Cameron. Cameron has really impressed me early on in this season by using his big body to create plays to get out of the defensive end, and also has a booming slap shot.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
On the forwards side of things Chiodo, and Suzuki have continued to impress everyone with their amazing chemistry to find each other and create amazing plays. Hawerchuck, and Rhodes, have really shown they can play top line minutes just hoping that players like Wilms, Peca, Bignell, and Brown can start to generate offence.

Reactions: Lake Simcoe Travels

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
While it was only a win against Kingston, it's a positive headed into next week. Depth still needs to start scoring, but there's lots to like about how they've played so far. Nice to see Foerster get his first OHL goal. Willms is a 27 goal man and Peca had 15. There's no reason to doubt they'll start scoring soon enough.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
While it was only a win against Kingston, it's a positive headed into next week. Depth still needs to start scoring, but there's lots to like about how they've played so far. Nice to see Foerster get his first OHL goal. Willms is a 27 goal man and Peca had 15. There's no reason to doubt they'll start scoring soon enough.
Much agreed the time will come, but let/s hope it's sometime soon. I know I have previously mentioned about Brown having a break out season and also hoping that will come soon to lol

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Tucker now has 8 points in 7 games. He has really took his offence to another level compared to his previous two seasons. Looks a lot more comfortable with the puck and is definitely not afraid to shoot it.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Didn't get to see any lineups for todays game but was Mathew Hill scratched? Notice Victor Hadfield was playing with Allenson....... Something other to note was after Luke Bignell's fight in the first period he did not play one more shift for the rest of the game. Did Dale bench him?

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
In regards to Magwood, it is quit odd for Milwaukee to scratch him in their first two games. You would think that they would either want him to play so he can develop to pro level hockey, or come back to the OHL just like former Colt Kevin Labanc and tear it up. Does anyone know if in the AHL there is deadlines as to when you can keep or rookie or send them back down to their respected junior team?

My question is, is he healthy or is he hurt?

Believe players can't be sent back to Junior after Feb 10th. Heard that was some weird rule. (Came up during the Fabbri watch a few years back)

But I've seen AHL clubs send players back pretty late. Saw it with Jerry D'Amigo. Recently saw it with Tyler Randell in Kitchener. He was sent back to Kitchener like midway through January.

I will say this, if Magwood is healthy he should be playing whether that be in Mil or in the OHL. But his development is fine. I saw someone on twitter say this is hurting his development. I've seen rookies play 19 AHL games in their rookie season, stay heathy and still have long NHL Careers. You are still practicing with pro players, living a pro live. Learning a new system.

If he is healthy and doesn't play before october 15th, I'd say its probably a safe bet he returns at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad