Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan1234

Aug 31, 2016
Don't get me wrong I like Brown and think he's a good player. I agree with increased minutes his production will increase. However, hard to say if he'll get that chance. Dale plays his top players a lot. Especially as the season progress.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Awful game tonight, the colts just didn't have it in them to beat the attack. The team looks very tight right now and doesn't have much chemistry at all. The attack were all over them all night, and the colts seemed to get beat to the puck on every play. Hopefully tomorrow is a better game against Sudbury!

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Looks like tickets can be purchased online through the colts website/ticketbreak for tonight in Collingwood. As for last night, agreed it wasn't their best effort by far. Owen sound looked in mid season form and the Colts looked like they were playing a training camp scrimmage. Zhukov likely had a few goals he'd like back as well. On a interesting note, I noticed Matej Pekar was on the bench for warmup last night. Perhaps another signed player not announced by the team?

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Don't want to say its officially been confirmed but sources are saying that Buffalo Sabres 4th round pick and Miami commit Matej Pekar is headed to the OHL. As of right now Pekar is not on Miami nor Muskegon's rosters at this point. As LeafsColts13 said Pekar was in Barrie last night taking in some preseason action against Owensound...... Could be the start to a very big, valuable signing for the Colts. Let's hope it happens in the next couple days as the colts still have not mentioned the signings of Fleming, Lepage, Zhukov, and Foerster at this point either, but they have been added to the colts preseason roster.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Which OA will be traded or released ?
It's gonna be a tough decision here in Barrie that is mainly gonna be based off Zach Magwood. If Zach goes to preds camp and makes the AHL roster our three OA's will be Murray, Chiodo, Hawerchuck, but if Magwood is sent back to barrie it should be Ben Hawerchuck, but like mentioned in the past he is the coaches son and who knows what goes on there..... Hawerchuck seems like the most obvious one to get rid of, as his lack of points and skill compared to the other three is much different.

Reactions: LDN

styleeano

Aug 30, 2017
Awful game tonight, the colts just didn't have it in them to beat the attack. The team looks very tight right now and doesn't have much chemistry at all. The attack were all over them all night, and the colts seemed to get beat to the puck on every play. Hopefully tomorrow is a better game against Sudbury!
The attack should be the team to beat so no shame losing to them all there regulars are back and they almost went to the ohl finals last year

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Don't want to say its officially been confirmed but sources are saying that Buffalo Sabres 4th round pick and Miami commit Matej Pekar is headed to the OHL. As of right now Pekar is not on Miami nor Muskegon's rosters at this point. As LeafsColts13 said Pekar was in Barrie last night taking in some preseason action against Owensound...... Could be the start to a very big, valuable signing for the Colts. Let's hope it happens in the next couple days as the colts still have not mentioned the signings of Fleming, Lepage, Zhukov, and Foerster at this point either, but they have been added to the colts preseason roster.
It appears that Pekar will be playing in the O this season--at least that's what is being reported in Gavin Lee's article, Sept. 4.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Any info on the wolves tonight?

Played a really close game against the Colts. Pekka Luukkonen was pretty solid. No chance on any of the goals against really. Blake Murray was impressive. Gonna be a real good player for the wolves this year. Overall that was one of the more hungry and competitive Wolves teams I've seen in quite a while. Nice to see Isaak Phillips play as well. Liked how he played back in his Barrie minor midget year.

Reactions: i luvallsports

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Played a really close game against the Colts. Pekka Luukkonen was pretty solid. No chance on any of the goals against really. Blake Murray was impressive. Gonna be a real good player for the wolves this year. Overall that was one of the more hungry and competitive Wolves teams I've seen in quite a while. Nice to see Isaak Phillips play as well. Liked how he played back in his Barrie minor midget year.

Thank you. Did their dmen look ok tonight? That has been a concern for us fans.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
The attack should be the team to beat so no shame losing to them all there regulars are back and they almost went to the ohl finals last year

Lost 3 of their top 6 forwards in Gadjovich, McKenzie and Szypula and their starting goalie

And Hancock/Lyszczarczyk didn't play that game either. So OS was missing 5 of their top 8 forwards from last year

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Here's my take at the lines, assuming best case scenario that Magwood is back and Hawerchuk is traded/released.

Chiodo-Suzuki-Magwood
Pekar-Willms-Peca
Rhodes-Bignell-Brown
Piercey-Foerster-LePage/Heitzner

Murray-Keane
Tucker-Allensen
Cameron-Hill
Hadfield

Zhukov
Greaves/Edmonds

Reactions: Colts 5656

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Here's my take at the lines, assuming best case scenario that Magwood is back and Hawerchuk is traded/released.

Chiodo-Suzuki-Magwood
Pekar-Willms-Peca
Rhodes-Bignell-Brown
Piercey-Foerster-LePage/Heitzner

Murray-Keane
Tucker-Allensen
Cameron-Hill
Hadfield

Zhukov
Greaves/Edmonds
This lineup looks pretty much identical to my thinking, was just maybe wondering if Barrie would try and trade Edmonds by the start of the season, I'm not too sure if they can get a whole lot but it would certainly settle the goalie situation well enough for Greaves and Zhukov to just play their game and not have to worry about competing for the starting spot. You didn't add Peter Fleming in that lineup I could see him playing a big fourth line role and maybe even third line. Whats your thoughts?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
This lineup looks pretty much identical to my thinking, was just maybe wondering if Barrie would try and trade Edmonds by the start of the season, I'm not too sure if they can get a whole lot but it would certainly settle the goalie situation well enough for Greaves and Zhukov to just play their game and not have to worry about competing for the starting spot. You didn't add Peter Fleming in that lineup I could see him playing a big fourth line role and maybe even third line. Whats your thoughts?

Forgot Fleming. Add him into the 4th line rotation with the other rookies.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Forgot Fleming. Add him into the 4th line rotation with the other rookies.
In my opinion, Fleming looks a little bit more comfortable out there compared to Foerster, and Lepage. I know the two have only played one game but still just thought I would throw it in there. What are your thoughts?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
In my opinion, Fleming looks a little bit more comfortable out there compared to Foerster, and Lepage. I know the two have only played one game but still just thought I would throw it in there. What are your thoughts?

I don't disagree. Was actually a little surprised in the game against Owen Sound how he looked a little more seasoned. Definitely not a bad idea at least till the others are a little more comfortable with th speed of the OHL.

Reactions: Colts 5656
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad