Barracuda News & Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
BARRACUDA HIRE ERIC GRUNDFAST AS DIRECTOR OF BARRACUDA BUSINESS OPERATIONS | San Jose Barracuda

Cuda hire new Biz Ops guy.

In this newly created role, Grundfast will oversee all aspects of the Barracuda’s business operations, including ticket sales, corporate partnerships, marketing, communications and fan relations. His immediate focus will be building out an expanded business staff dedicated to the Barracuda with a primary focus on the successful completion and launch of the new 4,200 seat Barracuda Arena, slated to open in August 2022 at Sharks Ice at San Jose.

Will allow the NHL biz ops to concentrate on SAP Center, and allow Cuda to have their own corps of folks rather than syphoning off of NHL staff.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
still seems pointless

Make Brinson feel better. I don't know how critical he is either, but Steenn doesn't take up a contract spot, costs very little, gets to eat up some time in the ECHL and as an injury replacement/late season callup, and has as much upside as any other 26-year-old retread they'd be signing anyway.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Make Brinson feel better. I don't know how critical he is either, but Steenn doesn't take up a contract spot, costs very little, gets to eat up some time in the ECHL and as an injury replacement/late season callup, and has as much upside as any other 26-year-old retread they'd be signing anyway.

I was expecting Steenn to be ECHL fodder, but I didn't mind having him around. I don't know where he's going to fit in with all the forwards the Cuda currently have, but he's fine when he plays. Doesn't look overmatched.

Is he going to progress past where he is now, probably not. Can he contribute on the fourth line in the AHL right now? Yeah.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
The Barracuda should be strong to start the season. Guys like Merkley and Chemelevski are very close to breaking the big team, and Leonard, Gregor, and Blichfeld have scored at this level. The goaltending may be iffy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad