Barracuda News & Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Final game of the regular season, and it's... the same lineup as last game, minus Bergmann (who Nollenberger says has just been recalled, surprisingly)

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
3-1, Henderson wins. Weinger with the only goal on a nice Letunov assist:

Barracuda end the season on a four-game losing streak.

Also got an unpleasant reminder of something I'd forgotten was a thing: The "whoo"-birds were out in force in the Henderson crowd.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Barracuda get a few of their guys back from the Sharks for the upcoming playoff, also get Hamaliuk from the WHL.

Gregor has not been sent back down, as of yet. Blichfeld and Leonard presumably still injured. Possibly Viel too, off the eye incident.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
AHL TV always put up a list of who's in early. A few eyebrow-raisers for me.

Two season debuts. Ibragimov (#95) is in, so is Kotkov. Middleton returns from injury.

I do not see Wiesblatt, Robins, Hamaliuk. No Kellman or Handemark, either.

F: Chekhovich, Coe, Gallant, Halbgewachs, Ibragimov, Kotkov, Letunov, McGrew, S. Paschinuk, Reedy, Topping, Weinger
D: Megna, Meloche, Merkley, Middleton, B. Paschinuk, Russo

Korenar starts in net, Melnichuk backs up.

Game @ 1 PM.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
AHL TV always put up a list of who's in early. A few eyebrow-raisers for me.

Two season debuts. Ibragimov (#95) is in, so is Kotkov. Middleton returns from injury.

I do not see Wiesblatt, Robins, Hamaliuk. No Kellman or Handemark, either.

F: Chekhovich, Coe, Gallant, Halbgewachs, Ibragimov, Kotkov, Letunov, McGrew, S. Paschinuk, Reedy, Topping, Weinger
D: Megna, Meloche, Merkley, Middleton, B. Paschinuk, Russo

Korenar starts in net, Melnichuk backs up.

Game @ 1 PM.

Their centers are Letunov, Reedy, Gallant, and Coe, and playing the older Pasichnuk and an ECHL guy, while leaving off Kellman and Handemark (who are both NHL tweeners)? That's really bold.

Glad to see Coe get such a vote of confidence, though. Wonder if he sticks with the Barracuda next season - probably not a lot of reason to send him back to the OHL at this stage, assuming he's eligible to stay up (turns 20 on 1 December).

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Their centers are Letunov, Reedy, Gallant, and Coe, and playing the older Pasichnuk and an ECHL guy, while leaving off Kellman and Handemark (who are both NHL tweeners)? That's really bold.

Glad to see Coe get such a vote of confidence, though. Wonder if he sticks with the Barracuda next season - probably not a lot of reason to send him back to the OHL at this stage, assuming he's eligible to stay up (turns 20 on 1 December).

Looks like Kyle Topping is actually the other C:

Also, they'd listed Ibragimov as 95 when I looked, but he's actually wearing #67.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
McGrew from Halbgewachs and Reedy after some pretty passing behind the net. Good takeaway from Reedy. Loved this goal:

Puts Barracuda up 2-1 with 10 minutes to go.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Sheng reported this yesterday, but Nollenberger also mentioned Wiesblatt is out with an upper body injury.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad