Barracuda News & Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
3-1 San Jose after two.

Goals from Letunov, Gallant and Hrabik. Gallant's goal had a fun tidbit in that it was assisted by Brinson and Steenn Paschinuk, that's the first time that's happened.

Some good work with the puck by Merkley leading to the Hrabik goal:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Super dirty hit on Middleton

Incredibly stupid play by Salomaki there. Ranta had been going after Middleton a bit before this, too. Middleton's ok.

So we give Sommer a bunch of crap, but Colorado's coaching staff pulled something I'd never seen before: They didn't send anyone to serve Salomaki's major. So the penalty expired, but they still played with four guys for an additional minute because there was nobody who could come out of the box. They finally just iced it intentionally to get a whistle.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Same lineup as last game, 1-1 after the first period. Halbgewachs with the SJ goal on a redirect of a McGrew shot.

For as much as people are raising a stink about how the players don't want to be playing in these playoffs, this is a hard-fought game. I haven't seen Ryan Merkley so engaged all season.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Well, 4-1 Silver Knights (2 empty netters included in that). Game 2 Sunday afternoon @ 1PM.

Not much else to add, Henderson got the second goal midway through the second and clamped down, as they do. 30 saves for Korenar.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Here it is. Totally unnecessary by Pachal.

Knights and headshots. Classic combination. How can an organization be so dirty from top to bottom. It's pretty gross.

It's kind of like the mantra in Vegas is to teach their players not to have respect for other humans.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021

Here it is. Totally unnecessary by Pachal.

Horrible hit made even worse by the fact that it happened in this meaningless "tournament" players were pressured into participating in without salary or workers comp.

I hope Ivan is okay.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
4-2 Henderson wins, and so the Barracuda season is over.

Chekhovich did not return to the game.

Didn't help that the Barracuda power play was disastrous. Henderson kept taking penalties and Barracuda went 1 for 5 and gave up two SHG. That was also the only Barracuda PPG of the playoffs (4 games).

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Other than box score reading of 1 shot and 1 penalty... any thoughts on Ibragimov?

Well I was going to reply to this after that game and glad I didn't, because he was pretty lackluster in that first game on the fourth line.

Ibragimov had an alright outing here. He's a good skater and a solid forechecker. Handles the puck pretty well. Felt like each game he was feeling a little more confident. Though, his offensive zone work just didn't feel like it went anywhere. I feel like with more games, and maybe different linemates, he'd put up some points on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad