Barracuda News and Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Sommer pregame suggested that the guys aren't working hard enough to get the wins.

The comeback win against Stockton today was a nice step in the right direction. Unfortunately though there have been some weird defensive lapses the last couple of weeks, and today was no different, hence the need for a comeback in the first place.

Too many breakaways/2-on-1s being given up, and too many opponents getting wide open in front of the net. Blown defensive coverage is becoming a major problem.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
The comeback win against Stockton today was a nice step in the right direction. Unfortunately though there have been some weird defensive lapses the last couple of weeks, and today was no different, hence the need for a comeback in the first place.

Too many breakaways/2-on-1s being given up, and too many opponents getting wide open in front of the net. Blown defensive coverage is becoming a major problem.

Sounds like the Sharks in the first quarter of the season

Reactions: Sandisfan

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Bibeau first off the ice today. Thinking he might start Saturday

Chartier came out in sweats and skated late in practice.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
After first period: Barracuda 3-0

After second: Barracuda 6-0

End: Barracuda 9-0

Gregoire got his first. Eagles goalie chased after 5 goals.

Lots of smiles on the Cuda bench.

Gregoire got his first, and then his second 59 seconds later. Also had an assist, was +6 on the day. Crazy game for him.

Radil and Hensick both with 1G/2A as well, Cavan Fitzgerald of all people with a breakaway goal late in the first, he was everywhere it seemed like. Great win, Cuda just never let up today.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
One of the interesting things I heard from Sommer in pregame interview....

Nollen was asking/telling him about scoring droughts. So he went in and asked guys about their shooting. Many had had zero shots in previous games. So they came out shooting in the game yesterday. And it boded well for their offense.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So does this pretty much mean that one of Bibeau or Korenar is up on the Sharks roster next season?
I could see them trading Dell to make some cap space and then bringing in a vet like Hutchinson, Mrazek, Miller, etc. on a PTO and then letting Bibeau/Korenar/PTO battle it out.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
The tweet that LS had quoted said 2 year AHL deal. I wasn't sure if that meant that they can be sent down to the ECHL or not.

Yeah, they can. You never know, but to me this is more about the Barracuda adding some depth for the playoffs and beyond.

I'm almost surprised they didn't add a goalie on one of these contracts sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad