Barracuda News and Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Very strange story. Dahlen swears he didn't ask for a trade yet the other side says he did.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
WRT to True, I think he is "seasoning" in AHL. (Not that he can't play in NHL, but really no opportunity on a top line to really shine)

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Very strange story. Dahlen swears he didn't ask for a trade yet the other side says he did.
If I read between the lines a little bit trade wasnt requested, a change in deployment and development was. The team said no, thats not possible and moved him because of the disagreements. Sounds like he conflicted with the staff as well

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
WRT to True, I think he is "seasoning" in AHL. (Not that he can't play in NHL, but really no opportunity on a top line to really shine)

After the Haley waiver claim there's not really anyplace for anyone on the Barracuda to get promoted to. They almost have too many forwards now in the AHL because of it, Chartier wasn't even dressed last game due to injury and we still had four solid lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
If I read between the lines a little bit trade wasnt requested, a change in deployment and development was. The team said no, thats not possible and moved him because of the disagreements. Sounds like he conflicted with the staff as well
That is how I see that as well. He was looking/hoping for a different role and the team disagreed.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Oof baby sharks and the goalies have been getting brutalized lately. Korenar gave up 3 in 8 in that 2nd period.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It was actually worse, 2 on 4 shots. It was 4-0 after one.
I hope the last couple games are just a blip but his numbers got hit pretty hard. I was so hyped to see his numbers soaring so kinda a bummer to see him come back down to earth a little.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sommer has been alternating goalies almost every other game, so I can't think that tiredness is a cause for problems.

And most of the guys who have ever been called up this season are down in AHL. So can't really blame lack of players due to call ups.

Hensick and Dahlen are new. I haven't watched closely enough, but Nollenberger seems to express satisfaction at their play.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Sommer has been alternating goalies almost every other game, so I can't think that tiredness is a cause for problems.

And most of the guys who have ever been called up this season are down in AHL. So can't really blame lack of players due to call ups.

Hensick and Dahlen are new. I haven't watched closely enough, but Nollenberger seems to express satisfaction at their play.

Yeah, I'm thinking they overachieved early on and are just settling into reality given the roster. We'll see how
the rest of the season goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad