Barracuda News and Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Parker Gahagen has been released from his ATO. So we’ll see what happens with him in the future.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
DW watched tonight. Balcers with two goals, easily best forward on the ice for SJ.

Thrilled to see Chartier back. Didn't look rusty in the least.

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
Rudy is our best forward on the ice pretty much every night, so no surprise there. Rourke was a nice surprise. He looked good. The new kid, Sam Warning, has been a pleasant surprise. Good energy guy. Not necessarily a great NHL prospect, but he's tenacious and works hard. And he's fast. He is what Jepalovs was last year. Not going to put up a bunch of points, but the other team has to expend just a little more energy when he's on the ice, because he's going 110 miles per hour whenever he's out there. Not even really an agitator, he just has one speed, and it's full speed ahead.

In the nightly Paul Martin watch, he had another OK game. Had one play where he stepped up on a rushing player and missed the puck and the player, but other than that, the errors aren't so egregious. He looks like he's moving better on the ice. Not to the point where he's remotely NHL ready, but he isn't the complete train wreck he was.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Rudy is our best forward on the ice pretty much every night, so no surprise there. Rourke was a nice surprise. He looked good. The new kid, Sam Warning, has been a pleasant surprise. Good energy guy. Not necessarily a great NHL prospect, but he's tenacious and works hard. And he's fast. He is what Jepalovs was last year. Not going to put up a bunch of points, but the other team has to expend just a little more energy when he's on the ice, because he's going 110 miles per hour whenever he's out there. Not even really an agitator, he just has one speed, and it's full speed ahead.

In the nightly Paul Martin watch, he had another OK game. Had one play where he stepped up on a rushing player and missed the puck and the player, but other than that, the errors aren't so egregious. He looks like he's moving better on the ice. Not to the point where he's remotely NHL ready, but he isn't the complete train wreck he was.

I really like Sam Warning, and I'm glad he's stuck around after they've already cut the guy they signed along with him, Heinonen. He's been the first guy on a PTO I've become a fan of this season. He hasn't gotten results, but he is getting chances.

Speaking of agitators, though, Emerson Clark managed to get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty last night while sitting on the bench (during play, even). Every time that guy starts to win me over, he reminds me he seems to have a bit of a screw loose somewhere.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I just wanted to add the Balcers hype train for a moment because I was bored, and I saw this. The only players signed to NHL deals with that Sharks that are younger than Balcers are Jeremy Roy (1 month younger) and Joachim Blichfeld ( 15 months younger). Balcers is the best player on the Barracuda, and he's the youngest one there. I like it.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I just wanted to add the Balcers hype train for a moment because I was bored, and I saw this. The only players signed to NHL deals with that Sharks that are younger than Balcers are Jeremy Roy (1 month younger) and Joachim Blichfeld ( 15 months younger). Balcers is the best player on the Barracuda, and he's the youngest one there. I like it.

You get to the back of the ****ing line. I was here first. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Sandisfan

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
I really like Sam Warning, and I'm glad he's stuck around after they've already cut the guy they signed along with him, Heinonen. He's been the first guy on a PTO I've become a fan of this season. He hasn't gotten results, but he is getting chances.

Speaking of agitators, though, Emerson Clark managed to get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty last night while sitting on the bench (during play, even). Every time that guy starts to win me over, he reminds me he seems to have a bit of a screw loose somewhere.

Totally agree on Warning. Finally got results on the score sheet with a goal tonight. And a number of good chances, it sounds like (listening on the radio).

Could you tell what happened on that unsportsmanlike? That was one of those WTF moments when I wish I had a radio with me to see if Nollenberger has any insight, with the advantage of replay.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Totally agree on Warning. Finally got results on the score sheet with a goal tonight. And a number of good chances, it sounds like (listening on the radio).

Could you tell what happened on that unsportsmanlike? That was one of those WTF moments when I wish I had a radio with me to see if Nollenberger has any insight, with the advantage of replay.

Really wish I could, I didn’t hear or see anything at all. Suddenly the ref just stopped play, pointed to Clark on the bench and rang him up for two minutes. I’m guessing he said something, but it was quiet.

Sadly once I realized what the call was I wasn’t all that surprised.

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
Trying out new dmen now too?
does this mean Martn and heed will not return or is there a trade in the works involving the blueline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad