Barracuda News and Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Utica Comets fan looking for some info.

I notice former Comet Jonathan Dahlen has 4 points in 7 GP. Is he injured or is he getting some press box time or has he only been with the team for 7 total games. The NHL TDL was late February and it's March 28th. Surely he has been on site for more than 7 games. YES/NO?

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Utica Comets fan looking for some info.

I notice former Comet Jonathan Dahlen has 4 points in 7 GP. Is he injured or is he getting some press box time or has he only been with the team for 7 total games. The NHL TDL was late February and it's March 28th. Surely he has been on site for more than 7 games. YES/NO?

He's been out with an injury since the 16th.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Just a heads up; Bibeau has started the last 3games. I'm assuming he has taken the starting role, but cannot confirm this.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
DeSimone is putting up some big numbers this year. What do people think about his NHL potential?

The big thing holding him back has been his consistency, but lately the "bad" version of DeSimone has been showing up less and less. He'll still randomly lose guys in coverage once in a while, but that doesn't seem to really be holding anyone back from being a Sharks defenseman lately. Great skater, good offensive instincts, good shot.

If any defenseman currently on the Barracuda makes the jump next year I'd bet on it being him. We've still got to re-sign him, though, as he's an RFA at the end of the season.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
WRT Merkeley, CH-twins and others being assigned to AHL from junior....

Currently, Sharks have 48 active NHL contracts (out of 50 allowed).

(It's possible that there could be an undrafted free agent signed who wants to burn a year of ELS, so the organization might be reserving those last two active spots.)

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
Thought Frye looked much better than I remember him playing before he left......
And Fitzgerald seems to be coming out of his shell....1 goal, 1 asst tonight, but also had a shorthanded bid & 2 posts.......could have easily had a hat trick and Cuda win had he converted

Reactions: NiWa and DrSanchez

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Thought Frye looked much better than I remember him playing before he left......
And Fitzgerald seems to be coming out of his shell....1 goal, 1 asst tonight, but also had a shorthanded bid & 2 posts.......could have easily had a hat trick and Cuda win had he converted

Fitzgerald's looking great lately, I agree. He looks willing to take more chances with the puck and carry it up himself a lot more.

Barracuda have to stop turning it over up high. They were leaving Bibeau out to dry tonight and he can only bail them out so many times.

Reactions: NiWa

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
Fitzgerald's looking great lately, I agree. He looks willing to take more chances with the puck and carry it up himself a lot more.

Barracuda have to stop turning it over up high. They were leaving Bibeau out to dry tonight and he can only bail them out so many times.

Those high turnovers are this team's achilles heel. And it's compounded by the fact that several of our D really like to play down deep in the offensive zone. I can't even count how many times we've had 4 out of 5 players below the opponent's end line and it winds up being an odd man rush (I know those ones aren't necessarily all high turnovers, but the result is the same, and it sucks).

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Those high turnovers are this team's achilles heel. And it's compounded by the fact that several of our D really like to play down deep in the offensive zone. I can't even count how many times we've had 4 out of 5 players below the opponent's end line and it winds up being an odd man rush (I know those ones aren't necessarily all high turnovers, but the result is the same, and it sucks).
So they are playing the same system as the Sharks do.

Reactions: SharkieFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad