Barracuda News and Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Looked that the Cuda points today and was very surprised to see that True is leading the team in points. 34 in 38 games. Perron is 2nd with 28 in 34.

Has True really taken that big of a step this year? I mean he had only 28 points in 68 games last year.

At his age, True's numbers are quite impressive. Those are the numbers of a middle-6 player IIRC.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

What's the book on him?

Better than last year, but there's seven better guys ahead of him right now.

He has good tools and a decent shot, but last season he made some huge, glaring mistakes that led directly to goals on a couple occasions I can remember. He's barely gotten in the lineup this season and looked alright when he did.

Reactions: Felonious Python

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Thats brutal to read. I mean its probably true but hard to hear that none of the AHL players are going to be a top-4D or top-6F.
Basically lines up with what people have been saying in this thread. I'm also convinced that Korenar is by far our best pro prospect

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Thats brutal to read. I mean its probably true but hard to hear that none of the AHL players are going to be a top-4D or top-6F.

The prospects we have that get the most hype are in juniors so it seems about right. But all these guys being what they are is why we shouldn't invest like we did to Melker Karlsson anymore. Sorensen is probably the limit of what we should do because he's replaceable with what we have in our system.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose

Not sure why that's a surprise though. The Sharks don't draft high very often and they have historically made stupid high floor, low ceiling picks (aka future bottom-6 or bottom pairing players).

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
A pessimistic way to look at that article is that it explains why Sorenson and Goodrow were signed before we know what Karlsson is going to do. We probably don't have a lot of help coming next year. A question I have though is if kornear is ready to challenge Dell next year for the backup spot? Dell hasnt inspired much hope this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad