Barracuda News and Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I had a feeling Perron would have a bounce-back year and so far he’s proving me right. Hopefully he can play this way the whole season and it isn’t just the initial motivation of proving yourself to a new org.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I had a feeling Perron would have a bounce-back year and so far he’s proving me right. Hopefully he can play this way the whole season and it isn’t just the initial motivation of proving yourself to a new org.

Obviously he was our target and we took Karlsson as a cap dump...

I’d love it if Perron turned into an NHLer, his scouting reports are certainly interesting.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Obviously he was our target and we took Karlsson as a cap dump...

I’d love it if Perron turned into an NHLer, his scouting reports are certainly interesting.

I know that is tongue-in-cheek but I'm sure he was targeted by the organization in this trade because of Timo's time with Perrons junior team.

Reactions: Jargon

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I know that is tongue-in-cheek but I'm sure he was targeted by the organization in this trade because of Timo's time with Perrons junior team.

Yeah, makes sense. I mean, he genuinely seems like a good throw-in in that trade, he could end up being a pretty good NHLer if he can find his game again.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
13 games being broadcast and 7 of them feature Toronto Marlies
Ridiculous not to show more of the league
Most teams do not have made-for-TV coverage, just "use the video display feed" for AHL TV.

Requires more "producing" of the game, as well as commercial feeds, etc.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Nice to see Jeremy Roy putting up points. Let's see if he can avoid snapping his knee ligaments though

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He seems really sound positionally but his skating looked pretty slow yesterday. It was a weakness before all his knee injuries so I am not super optimistic with how/if he converts to an NHL level player.

I agree, but I will say that the primary reason his skating was/is considered a weakness was poor mechanics and a choppy stride. If he hasn’t fixed that by now, even taking his injuries into account, he likely won’t ever.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I agree, but I will say that the primary reason his skating was/is considered a weakness was poor mechanics and a choppy stride. If he hasn’t fixed that by now, even taking his injuries into account, he likely won’t ever.
He's probably spent more time rehabbing knees than he has with the skating coaches at this point though

Reactions: Sandisfan

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
He seems really sound positionally but his skating looked pretty slow yesterday. It was a weakness before all his knee injuries so I am not super optimistic with how/if he converts to an NHL level player.

I thought that was true of quite a few players yesterday. I remember Praplan, Radil, and Letunov all looking painfully slow at different points in the game. Wood, to a lesser degree. By the end of the 3rd it looked like everyone was gassed. The PP we had in OT had trouble getting any traction.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Cuda-Roadrunner only game in AHL tonight.

Frye just left ice after taking puck to face. Had to scrape ice from blood.

No update yet.

Last edited:

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
Tied 2-2 in the third. Gambrell with a goal and an assist on Perron’s 4th of the season. Have a feeling we might see Gambrell and the afterthought of the Karlsson trade with the big club this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad