Barracuda News and Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I don't think having the AHL team share an arena with its parent is ideal.

I have two proposals for a new home for the Barracuda:

1. San Francisco at Chase Center

Sharing an arena with the Warriors might be a little better, but also theres:

2. Golden 1 Center in Sacramento

This would widen California's exposure to pro hockey. Sacramento doesn't have its own pro hockey team yet. It's an untapped market.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Golden 1 Center wouldn't be a good place to have ice hockey. It's not designed for that. I mean, it doesn't mean as much for minor leagues but I don't think the Kings are going to tie up their arena to an AHL team that many nights while they're getting pretty good business for their arena and a lot of dates. The only way to bring AHL hockey to Sacramento is to convince them to use the Sleep Train Arena but that has a limited shelf life since that place will probably get demolished soon.

Reactions: Gecklund

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007

This would widen California's exposure to pro hockey. Sacramento doesn't have its own pro hockey team yet. It's an untapped market.
they should have just took over the Stockton Thunder they f***ed that one up from the beginning

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Wilson trades 1sts because he collects nobody prospects and they crush it
8-1-0-1

He’s the best GM in hockey ... the nobodies become players.. and he uses his depth of assets to grab stars

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008

Solar 4 America Ice has already submitted preliminary plans to the city to add more rinks to their facility - including a ~5,000 seat competition arena (I'd have to go back and find the article to confirm the size of that). The thinking is that the competition arena would be the right size for not just the Barracuda but also SJ State and some of the high school games currently played at SAP.

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
5k-ish arena and more rinks has been on the planning board for years.

I know. The plan submission is a newer detail. It's preliminary and still may not end up going anywhere, but it's an actual first step that hadn't been taken before.

I only point it out because I think that it demonstrates this is the route preferred by the team, and they'll exhaust this possibility before they consider other, more distant, options.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
I know. The plan submission is a newer detail. It's preliminary and still may not end up going anywhere, but it's an actual first step that hadn't been taken before.

I only point it out because I think that it demonstrates this is the route preferred by the team, and they'll exhaust this possibility before they consider other, more distant, options.

The hold up from what I told was the A's possible move to San Jose which would have cause the San Jose Giants to move and possible open up addtional space to build on.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
There really was no place for him in the org anymore with the huge influx of forwards. And it's not like he's done much to get positive attention on himself

He seemed to produce this year in the games he's been in but yeah he wasn't going to get his way up the depth chart here. Maybe he'll go to another organization and stick it out in another team's AHL team.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
How is Halbgewachs looking? Haven't caught any games yet. Surprised at the numbers, considering Yanni Gourde's career trajectory honestly didn't expect the junior scoring to translate right away.

Also random but EA always had Yanni Gourde breaking out when he was 25-26 in my NHL franchises, I always thought it was a bit odd. Gotta say they called that one somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad