Barkov vs Pettersson

Barkov vs Pettersson

• Total voters

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I went with EP based on potential but these types of polls are tough when one player is established and the other just starting out.
Barkov looks like the Selke winner and is strong offensively. Just a great all round player.
Pettersson looks to have a higher offensive ceiling and a strong defensive game as well.
Right now I wouldn’t trade Pettersson for any center not named McDavid. I’m sure Panther fans feel the same about Barkov.

Last edited:

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
assuming that Pettersson continues this development curve to make this a legitimate type of question, I take Barkov for my team as the offensive minutes are all pretty much accounted for so the Selke type suppression would be great to have

Wierd how some of these voters chose EP over Matthew's in an earlier thread, and yet now find it silly to even put EP vs barkov.

This site is so messed up.
I looked that poll up, it was at the beginning of November and Matthews lost. That's amazing

Reactions: FishManSam

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
EP has higher seeling. As soon as he gets some legit linemates + puck moving Ds he’ll score 100+ points with great (potentially Selke level at his peak) defense.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Dumb. An established superstar franchise player vs a rookie playing very well who looks like he could very well be on track to be one too.

Let's revisit in year or 2

Reactions: Catbug and CP4

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Unfair poll for Pettersson. He has so much potential. Barkov is same breed with Bergeron, prime Toews and Kopitar. He is still 23 year old for this season. Still pretty young despite being in this league for ages. Pettersson has alot of potential. I don’t think there is many if any more creative players. He is solid defensively especially for young player but Barkov is on different level.

Right now it has to be Barkov but i would not be suprised if Pettersson will end up being in the tier behind McDavid with Matthews and MacKinnon for C’s. Right now i think Barkov is slightly behind that tier with Eichel. Both excellent young players and fans of both franchise should be excited.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
EP has higher seeling. As soon as he gets some legit linemates + puck moving Ds he’ll score 100+ points with great (potentially Selke level at his peak) defense.

There is that 100+ point post that is thrown around again. There have only been five 100 point players in the past six seasons. People need to relax a bit with expectations.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
There is that 100+ point post that is thrown around again. There have only been five 100 point players in the past six seasons. People need to relax a bit with expectations.

I'm not expecting him to, but that's not really an accurate depiction of the current scoring environment. Scoring jumped last year with three 100 point players, and two others within 3 points, and scoring has jumped again this year, where we might see 5 or more players do it. If scoring stays high, it won't be the rare feat it was from '14-'17. Hell, Pettersson's current PPG projects to 92 points over 82 games, and he's only 28th in the league in PPG. It's crazy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00