Barkov vs Pettersson

Barkov vs Pettersson

• Total voters

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Depends on organisational need. Don't think you can really go wrong with either. I'm excited to see how Pettersson develops if he's playing this well at 20.

Is this a right now poll or going forward one? I voted for EP based on his potential to become something truly special. I think Barkov is the better player at the moment, but that's not all that surprising.

flipp

Jan 11, 2010
Pettersson is the best Swedish forward prospect since Peter Forsberg. People who watched him in SHL last season know this. His current domination in Vancouver (first in both goals and assists) is just what you would expect given his fantastic SHL season last year. P Forsberg did the same thing. Dominated SHL as a 19-20 year old and then made 50 points in 47 games during his rookie season in the NHL.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
This may or may not pay off in the long run, but I'd rather gamble on Pettersson. I think we've seen Barkov's best by now, and he's probably always going to be a better two way player than Pettersson. But something tells me that Pettersson has a higher offensive upside, and not just by a little.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
At 19 years old:

Alex Barkov: 36 points in 71 games played

Elias Pettersson: 36 points in 32 games played

This season:

Alex Barkov: -9

Elias Pettersson: +9

Barkov played with Bergenheim and Brad boyes get real with those stats. Linemates are not even close and he even said that defense was his first priority.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
He's been 20 years old for just over a month, and he was still ppg when he was 19.

Yeah it doesnt work like that, this is Pettersson's 20 yo season, whether you like it or not. Pettersson was 19.8 at the start of the season and Barkov just turned 20, no big difference there.

And that season was honestly way better compared to Pettersson's season this year, unless he ofc sustains his production and finishes top 6 in Selke voting.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Yeah it doesnt work like that, this is Pettersson's 20 yo season, whether you like it or not. Pettersson was 19.8 at the start of the season and Barkov just turned 20, no big difference there.

And that season was honestly way better compared to Pettersson's season this year, unless he ofc sustains his production and finishes top 6 in Selke voting.
Barkov just turned 20? Looks like hes 23 to me. He has a career high of 78 points, which is pretty much what Pettersson is on track for as a rookie (whether you like it or not)

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
EP, easily.

The question isn't who has had a better NHL career thus far, so give me the guy who will be a top 5 center real soon. I know Barkov is a HF-Darling hipster choice for polls, but EP will be better than him, sooner rather than later.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
EP, easily.

The question isn't who has had a better NHL career thus far, so give me the guy who will be a top 5 center real soon. I know Barkov is a HF-Darling hipster choice for polls, but EP will be better than him, sooner rather than later.

Nothing easily about it.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Barkov just turned 20? Looks like hes 23 to me. He has a career high of 78 points, which is pretty much what Pettersson is on track for as a rookie (whether you like it or not)

Yeah 78 points as a defensive center mainly damn thats terrible.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I unno. I would wait and see what ep does next year

Barkov for now because I've been told he's elite defensively.
Would be a good balance for the jets
Having an offensive centre like scheifele
And a big 2 way centreman on your 2nd line

But I think ep will be more dynamic offensively. Maybe open up the ice alittle more

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Barkov. He's the next Bergeron and those kinds of guys win cups. Would not lose sleep over building around Pettersson either though.

At 19 years old:

Alex Barkov: 36 points in 71 games played

Elias Pettersson: 36 points in 32 games played

This season:

Alex Barkov: -9

Elias Pettersson: +9

Weak post.

Plus minus is the worst stat ever. Means almost nothing and I say that with one of my players leading the league in it.

Assuming linear progression from players with vastly different styles, also not that useful. Comparing points without context, also suspect. They hardly started in the same situation.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad