Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Easy, tiger. He's never played a game in the NHL.
Reminds me of the geniuses who were saying that Benson would be far more effective in the NHL than Shore, who can actually be an effective 3/4 liner NHL,r.. And raging about it no less. Cause Benson was putting up some points in the AHL.
It’s like people are continually blind about the 2 leagues.
Fun times.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Reminds me of the geniuses who were saying that Benson would be far more effective in the NHL than Shore, who can actually be an effective 3/4 liner NHL,r.. And raging about it no less. Cause Benson was putting up some points in the AHL.
Fun times.
Everyone knows the talent level is the same for both leagues.:sarcasm:
;)

He'll get his chance soon enough, but comments like "CLEARLY, he's better than anything we have in the bottom 6 right now" make me laugh. Talk about putting pressure on the kid. Personally I think he has a real chance to do well, but people need to throttle back a bit and get real.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Fun times.

I don't want to call-up Holloway... but Benson was obviously too small/weak/slow for the NHL (heck Gagner in the AHL looked dominate) if you've watched more than handful of AHL games. I've always pumped McLeod over Benson/Marody and it's definitely Holloway over Lavoie.

Reactions: McSendy

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Wow what a game for Holloway statistically. 2-1-3 and 9 sog! On the flip side in all 3 games against Stockton, Skinner had a sub 0.900sv%. For those that watched the games, was he good but we were just outplayed or was he shaky?

He was good, Wolf was just better. Condors' massive defense struggled a bit with Stockton's speed.

Pretty even series honestly despite the final, Heat just had a couple more forwards that stepped up and produced. That Holloway kid is going to be a pain in the ass once he hits the NHL. Absolute gamer.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He was good, Wolf was just better. Condors' massive defense struggled a bit with Stockton's speed.

Pretty even series honestly despite the final, Heat just had a couple more forwards that stepped up and produced. That Holloway kid is going to be a pain in the ass once he hits the NHL. Absolute gamer.
Thanks for chiming in, we have high hopes for Holloway.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Only watched a handful of games this season even though I had the season pass. I found this season's roster super weak.

Marody/Benson/McLeod were dominate last season and Marody/Benson weren't the same (also due to Benson playing in the NHL for a bit). Lavoie did not improve like I hoped. The D was raw and weak without Gildon (Panthers prospect) and other older vets. Alex Peters is an ECHL D-man. Broberg was great but super raw. Samorukov was disappointing. The other young D didn't step up. Desharnais continues to be solid in the AHL. He might be a 7th D in the future... not much upside beyond that IMO.

Reactions: Giggleplex

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Only watched a handful of games this season even though I had the season pass. I found this season's roster super weak.

Marody/Benson/McLeod were dominate last season and Marody/Benson weren't the same (also due to Benson playing in the NHL for a bit). Lavoie did not improve like I hoped. The D was raw and weak without Gildon (Panthers prospect) and other older vets. Alex Peters is an ECHL D-man. Broberg was great but super raw. Samorukov was disappointing. The other young D didn't step up. Desharnais continues to be solid in the AHL. He might be a 7th D in the future... not much upside beyond that IMO.
Actually 2nd half Samorukov was dominant

Reactions: voxel

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Desharnais is still technically on an AHL deal for this year so wonder if that effects what he is able to do at all.

I'd imagine its more so to give him the experience of being around the team, even if he can't play. Same deal with Samo, whose shoulder likely isn't healed.

Broberg and Niemo, along with Russell are the only spare D that have an outside shot at playing.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

So Vancouver, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and now Calgary will all have their AHL affiliates in Canada next season. Wonder if the Oilers will follow suit at some point?

One challenge is scheduling. The Oilers already have the Oil Kings in the building. But it is a big advantage having your AHL team in the same city.

Reactions: yakcity1064

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
One challenge is scheduling. The Oilers already have the Oil Kings in the building. But it is a big advantage having your AHL team in the same city.
Flames have a AHL WHL NHL and NLL team in the same building now though.

Only issue is edmonton gets more concerts

Reactions: oilers'72

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

So Vancouver, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and now Calgary will all have their AHL affiliates in Canada next season. Wonder if the Oilers will follow suit at some point?

I wonder if they'll stay in the division.

It kind of defeats the purpose of the Cali division if teams are flying up to Abbotsford and Calgary on the regular.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It sounds like there’s a chance either the AHL or WHL team won’t be at the Dome, one of them could be moving to the 2000 seat facility on the Tsuut’ina Nation land just outside of town.
the WHL team wont be moving to a 2000 seat arena.

I can tell you that for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: