Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

So Vancouver, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and now Calgary will all have their AHL affiliates in Canada next season. Wonder if the Oilers will follow suit at some point?

Holland has confirmed the team isn't going anywhere. They really like them in Bako. Great atmosphere, 7000 fans a night, and becoming very knowledgable fans, and the players enjoy the city.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Holland has confirmed the team isn't going anywhere. They really like them in Bako. Great atmosphere, 7000 fans a night, and becoming very knowledgable fans, and the players enjoy the city.

Holland likes his California breaks during the winter.

It seems like a pretty passionate fanbase down there, I agree with keeping them there.

Reactions: oilers'72

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Yup, no need to move the team. Seems like a good fanbase there. I think Stockton didn’t fill the stands

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Reactions: voxel

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Really strange that Petrov is listed there and Borgault isn’t.
Probably because Bourgault is still actively playing. Petrov's team has been eliminated.

It would surprise me to see Edmonton rush Petrov. He's in a prime position next season to be an offensive driver on a competitive roster next season. Potential favorite in the conference.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
One challenge is scheduling. The Oilers already have the Oil Kings in the building. But it is a big advantage having your AHL team in the same city.
Couldn't they run multiple games in one day? Not sure what it would do to the ice for game two, but having your AHL team and WHL team playing on the weekend same day shouldn't be much of an issue.

The issue really that happens is your attendance could potentially start dropping for your WHL brand, but I'm sure Calgary weighed that against the convenience of having their AHL team in the same building.

Makes you wonder if they'd even have the dressing room area in that arena for three clubs. I'd assume each team would want to have their own

Reactions: bellagiobob

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Couldn't they run multiple games in one day? Not sure what it would do to the ice for game two, but having your AHL team and WHL team playing on the weekend same day shouldn't be much of an issue.

The issue really that happens is your attendance could potentially start dropping for your WHL brand, but I'm sure Calgary weighed that against the convenience of having their AHL team in the same building.

Makes you wonder if they'd even have the dressing room area in that arena for three clubs. I'd assume each team would want to have their own

There are 5 dressing rooms in Rogers Place. More than enough to bring the Condors if ownership and management want to. The video below is timestamped:

Reactions: bellagiobob

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
There are 5 dressing rooms in Rogers Place. More than enough to bring the Condors if ownership and management want to. The video below is timestamped:

I think if they had more seating at the community arena, they could have likely ran the 3 teams out of Rodgers. But if all 3 teams need to use the main rink + all the concerts and events, there would be too much.

Plus arena management would also especially hate it if it needs to keep dates free in the spring, where it could either have 3 teams playing or none, and miss out of a ton of revenue due to having the building sitting empty.

Last edited:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
You guys think Filip Berglund will be a bottom pairing NHLer one day or forever an AHLer?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Between him, Maksimov and Benson, they have really let us down as prospects.

Anyone remember all the hype around Benson to start the year? All this, "he looks great, he has a spot on the opening night roster" stuff.

I thought Borg looked significantly better in training camp this year. I cant blame the Oilers for giving him a legit shot this year but he is just one of the prospects that outside of one really good year in the AHL has really disappointed.

Terrible pick at the time and even worse right at this moment.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I don't blame these kids. Travelling by bus across NA isn't fun. I prefer travelling by bus or train in Europe

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't blame these kids. Travelling by bus across NA isn't fun. I prefer travelling by bus or train in Europe
Both interesting situations too.

While Berglund only gave NA one year he is 25, so the writing is a bit on the wall for him.

Safin while only 23 has been in NA for 5 years and isn't exactly showing too much at this point. For him maybe he goes back for a few years and then thinks about coming back. But for now he probably just wants to get back to his family

Reactions: Canovin

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Next season is going to be so fun!

Who will have the smoothest transition to the AHL?
Matvei Petrov, Tyler Tullio, Carter Savoie, Xavier Bourgault, or Noah Philp? Tullio signed an AHL PTO but didn't get into a game, whereas Savoie and Philp only got to get into 2 and 3 games respectively at the end of the season.

Between Fanti and Rodrigue, who gets into the most games?

Which defenseman is the next player to make the Oilers full time?

Berglund went back to Europe. Kemp is known to be strong in his own end, Kesselring is more of a mobile two-way defenseman, and Desharnais earned an NHL contract after showing substantial improvement (posting a +36 +/- and 2nd most in points of all our D with 27 points in 66 games).

Neimaleinen opened a lot of eyes during his time with Edmonton, delivering crushing hits nightly. Samorukov on the other hand had a poor audition, but otherwise seemed to show improvement in the AHL. Am I correct in assuming that Broberg already has his name on the opening night roster?

Do any players make the Oilers out of camp? Holloway had a respectable AHL debut while driving play. Bourgault put up a great draft +1, is playing well in the playoffs & memorial cup, and will potentially play in the WJC if he chooses - he'll be the most 'fresh'. Samorukov is no longer waiver exempt, but you have to imagine Desharnais and Neimelainen get a long look at camp.

Lost in the sauce: Lavoie

Reactions: Giggleplex

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Pretty sure Petrov is CHL or NHL as he was drafted out of the chl and won’t be old enough for ahl duty, so it won’t be him
Petrov was not actually drafted out of the CHL. He had never played in NA before being drafted. But he was drafted in the CHL prior to being drafted by the Oilers and that makes him ineligible for the AHL next year I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad