Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '19-20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA

I don't disagree with some of what Amy says but being the mother of bi-racial children, she knows that at the end of the day if someone doesn't have hateful things in their mind that "accidentally" slip out, you don't have to worry about going back and changing things.

Also, apologizing doesn't erase the fact that he said what he chose to say.

It's on Manning to prove he can change and realize that his actions were unacceptable and have no place in society. Nobody else's.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I don't disagree with some of what Amy says but being the mother of bi-racial children, she knows that at the end of the day if someone doesn't have hateful things in their mind that "accidentally" slip out, you don't have to worry about going back and changing things.

Also, apologizing doesn't erase the fact that he said what he chose to say.

It's on Manning to prove he can change and realize that his actions were unacceptable and have no place in society. Nobody else's.

And its YOUR job to point that out and drag him through the muck, as YOU, our chosen one, our moral paragon of virtue, our hero, possess the solemn responsibility of admonishing, muckraking, and further decimating this human being. Whatever the truth of his existence may be; it is instantly and immediately evident that he is worthless scum - inhuman garbage utterly incapable of salvation- and we MUST have our satisfaction! Three cheers for the internet arbiters who defend our liberty by dog piling on and asserting their virtuosity and moral dominance! Wherever would we be without you?

We lesser beings hereby present you with a dream home upon a hill, illuminated by white light and made entirely of glass. It is certain that you possess inscrutable powers of judgement and surely ‘hypocrisy’ is to you an utterly alien concept. May you dwell in your glass kingdom to the end of your days and stay the hell off the internet.

Last edited:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Maksimov is really using his legs well tonight. Like the hustle of the Maksimov - Cave - Esposito line.

Only watched the 2nd (completely forgot there was a game on) and then missed half the 3rd because my internet flaked out. Even though they won 5-0... that D.... ugh.. Kulevich and Day. Super high risk players. Skinner bailed out the Condors after some atrocious own zone giveaways by everybody (can't just blame D).

For some reason I expected Benning to be dominate in the AHL but he's just "good"

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

Nice looking game, some really good saves from Skinner in that package highlighted by the one that’s singled out. He’s got all the tools to be a really good NHL goalie, just needs to be more consistent with it.

Reactions: replacement

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
The play by play caller (Ryan Holt) was hinting last night of a big All-Star announcement while Bouch had the puck. Super obvious hint :)

Good for Evan.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
TBH we don't really hate Manning because of his racist comments

We hate him because he sucks, his contract sucks, his cheap hit that took out McDavid years ago.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Did I hear them say earlier that these guys are second in the league overall?

Good on the Condors beating them in regulation. Also gotta love Bouchard and Benson continuing to put up points.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
the guy commentating is facebook quality for sure haha
No kidding. Calling Tuscon players by their first name and not mentioning any of Bako's ever. Meanwhile the Bako PBP guy can be heard in the background clear as day.

I mean--at least try to make a half decent product.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
In the time that I watched (about 14 minutes of the 3rd) I thought that Bouchard played a physical game. McLeod was also playing gritty which was nice to see. Benson looks ready and Bouchard didn't look too far behind albeit with Benning and Lagesson on the team they didn't go to him with under 2 minutes left in the 3rd to protect the lead.

Reactions: Oilhawks

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Really wanted to watch this game closely, huge game against a team that's been pretty much one of tthe top teams in the AHL so far this year. It's one of those games you really see where your guys are. I really paid attention to the prospects. My notes:
  • The best line by far tonight was the McLeod - Malone - Hebig line. They had the most good chances, the most pressure, the most smart plays, and they worked really well together, McLeod and Malone especially. I wouldn't mind seeing Maksimov on the right side instead of Hebig.

• Maksimov was good again this game, and I think we're starting to see some really good growth in his understanding of how to play with his teammates. He's got a ways to go, but there's growth there. He does a lot of stuff on the ice that would be considered a dumb penalty if it's called. He was like that in junior too.

• Despite the point, Benson had a fairly blah game, and it's kind of how I've felt about his pro game for a while. Just... Not as much of an impact as you'd hope. Certainly nothing like the consistent impact Yamamoto brought on a shift by shift basis.

• Bouchard too was really the same mystery. Right off the hop, he got dummied by Steenbergen, who stick lifted him and just skated by him for a scoring chance. But then sometimes he makes smart, subtle plays. Offensively he wasn't very effective. Same as Benson you expect him to be impactful more consistently. But... He just isn't.

• Malone helped Yamamoto a lot, and I think he's helping McLeod too. McLeod's game seems different now. He's still reluctant to be the shooter, or even to make himself dangerous in that way, but his board play is stronger, he's using his legs more, and he's playing with more polish, more compete. I'd go so far as to say of all of our prospects, McLeod has the most polish in his game. That's not saying much, but it's something!

• Last season I was extremely impressed with Kyle Capobianco. This is his third pro season, 22 year old. I think he's on the cusp of sticking in the NHL (Arizona is crazy deep, so... Maybe for another team). His offensive awareness is on Bouchards level, his defence is better (not great, but better), and his skating is miles better than Bouchards. And this is a guy who isn't an NHL regular. Watching them head to head tonight, it's hard to think Bouchard is close.

• You can tell a lot by the changes made in critical moments. When they were trying to protect the lead with 1 minute left, it was Lagesson with Lowe, not Bouchard. At the end of the first period they put out Currie, Gambardella, Malone, the three vets, along with Bouchard and Lowe. When Lowe was in the box on the 5 on 3, it was Kulevich taking the other d-man spot.

• On Currie's goal, people are talking about Benson and Bouchard's assists, but the real key part of that play was Marcus Granlund. Granlund drew two men right to him and made a gumby pass back to Bouchard to secure zone entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad