Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '19-20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The only problem with Yamamoto is he has played more NHL games than he should have played to date(zero).

People judge him far too harshly for briefly playing a limited role in a league he wasn't close to ready for on a bad team.
The day we drafted him there were quite a few that said he needed time to develop.

I mean the guy was a late first rounder, those guys are rarely NHL ready as it is. But because Debrincat was able to play so early people want to assume all smaller guys can do it.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
let's keep Yamamoto down in Bako for at least half the season...get his confidence really high

if he continues to dominate, then reward him
I think the problem we are going to run into soon is we are going to need offense up in the NHL and will be forced to call someone up. Maybe they go with Gagner first to allow KY more time in the AHL.

Reactions: nabob

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
I think the problem we are going to run into soon is we are going to need offense up in the NHL and will be forced to call someone up. Maybe they go with Gagner first to allow KY more time in the AHL.

I don't think there's any problem at all with calling up players to test them in a few NHL games. It's a natural part of development. If a guy plays 62 games in the AHL and 5 games in the NHL, is that player worse off than if he plays 68 AHL games?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't think there's any problem at all with calling up players to test them in a few NHL games. It's a natural part of development. If a guy plays 62 games in the AHL and 5 games in the NHL, is that player worse off than if he plays 68 AHL games?
I just don't really want to do it yet. We did the samething with JP last year. Send him down for 4 games and then back up he came.

Would rather KY play 15-20 games and then bring him up. Let that confidence really grow.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
How has Caleb Jones been? For a while I really thought he was going to be the one who would be the first to make an impact with the big club. Bear really took a step on him over this offseason it seems.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
How has Caleb Jones been? For a while I really thought he was going to be the one who would be the first to make an impact with the big club. Bear really took a step on him over this offseason it seems.

Imo Jones was a better all round player but never showed the top end skill that Bear did. Once Bear improved his physical conditioning and skating it wasn't even close.

Reactions: NeverForget06

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Not a good start by Skinner tonight. 5 minutes into first period and he's allowed 2 goals

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Not a good start by Skinner tonight. 5 minutes into first period and he's allowed 2 goals

Not his fault. 1st goal was an ugly give away from Bouchard in the slot (bad pass from Vesey) and the second on was on the PK.

This team is having defensive problems Jones-Lowe is the top-pair but would be a better second pair. The other two are bottom-pair in the AHL. Bouchard is an elite passer but really tentative on D.

Reactions: KYams17

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Colby Cave just KOed the Heat player on a fight. He collapsed after strong right. Wow.

EDIT: Was pretty even fight until then. The Heat player kinda hit Cave while Cave was on the ground on the boards while battling for the puck and Cave DID NOT like that and started the fight.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Colby Cave just KOed the Heat player on a fight. He collapsed after strong right. Wow.

EDIT: Was pretty even fight until then. The Heat player kinda hit Cave while Cave was on the ground on the boards while battling for the puck and Cave DID NOT like that and started the fight.
Good, that little puke likes to run around and take 150 foot runs at players.

Don't feel bad that he's sleeping now.

Reactions: snipes

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Yams-Malone line had an elite first shift of the game. Complete domination but since then it's been even and then Heat score twice.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Wow... nothing is going right. Don't know who was supposed to cover Robinson (?). Looked like an innocent rush. And bam Heat score again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad