Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '19-20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It's the Yamamoto and McLeod snipe show. Both goals were goal scorer goals. Benson with the primary assist on the McLeod goal.

Reactions: MikeFLB

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Welp. I signed up for AHLTV, and it appears I have cursed the Condors. Tuned in at 3-2 Condor's. I get to see SJ score 2 to make it 4-3 and see Starrett get injured.

Sorry everyone.

Reactions: Cloned

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Welp. I signed up for AHLTV, and it appears I have cursed the Condors. Tuned in at 3-2 Condor's. I get to see SJ score 2 to make it 4-3 and see Starrett get injured.

Sorry everyone.

Starrett got injured? Damn.

Condors seemed pretty appalling defensively. Some really bad giveaways in their own zone, 2 led directly to goals.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Starrett got injured? Damn.

Condors seemed pretty appalling defensively. Some really bad giveaways in their own zone, 2 led directly to goals.

Didn't watch today's game but from the first two games yeah.. not like last season's D. The new bottom D isn't as skilled and Samurokov and Bouchard are a little unpolished.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Didn't watch today's game but from the first two games yeah.. not like last season's D. The new bottom D isn't as skilled and Samurokov and Bouchard are a little unpolished.
Bakersfield got better as the year went on and Manson had time to work with the defenders.

Reactions: dustrock

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Bakersfield got better as the year went on and Manson had time to work with the defenders.

I saw the replays of the goals against. Bouchard missed his man/check. Jones with a horrid giveaway (but he plays top-pair). Kulevich with multiple bad plays. I think he's on the bottom pair and might get sent to the ECHL once Day is healthy.

Given the shot count and how Condors normally dominate... I suspect once they cut out these mistakes they should win games like this.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
It would be interesting to plot the first 1/4 of AHL seasons for top prospects vs the rest of the season.

Always new prospects every year, are they supposed to get a certain number of minutes? Will they get used to the AHL which is quite dissimilar to the NHL grind?

Condors were sitting for way too long tonight. Let's see how they do in the next 3 weeks.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I bought it last year. Wish it had an app on Apple TV or Xbox or something. Watching it on the TV was hard.

I got it for the playoffs last year and the Apple TV app worked fine after some struggles getting logged in. Quality wise it's similar to the Oiler's pre-season games when they work but more reliable. Not bad quality, but a little light on replays as it is the jumbotron video feed which isn't focussed on the best at home experience.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yamamoto with a goal in 4 straight games to start the season and has an assist as well in the 1st. En Fuego.
McLeod with a primary assist on a Gagner goal. He looks great.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yamamoto with a goal in 4 straight games to start the season and has an assist as well in the 1st. En Fuego.
McLeod with a primary assist on a Gagner goal. He looks great.

I don't think that it's a stretch to say that McLeod is passing Marody on the depth chart or will be soon.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Early start for Yamamoto is really promising. His shot count is something I'm happy to see as well. He needs to be a finisher.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Good to see Yamamoto putting up points.
My question, is he looking any stronger and faster?
His time in the NHL was pretty weak as he simply got overpowered or skated so he could never get into scoring spots.
Has that improved at all?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Who has Yamamoto been playing with?

Gambardella and Malone.

The encouraging thing for me is that he has scored goals in different ways. A one timer, deflection, with speed. He's been their best player this season making so many good plays away from the puck too.

Reactions: KYams17

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Kinda annoying that Maksimov is scratched while some of the other guys are still in the lineup.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
McLeod looks better against men than he did against kids. It's odd
I think people have recognized for a while now that he plays a mature pro-style game, and he has NHL level speed and size. He may never be a huge point producer, but he's one of our safer prospects to become a decent NHLer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->