Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
oooh, 2 games against the worst team in their division now. Come on Condors. Be the anti-Oilers and actually take advantage of some lower end competition.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Woodcroft is getting a lot of kudos, and he's always been a players coach. Deserves a lot of credit.

But it's clear it takes two to tango. Woodcroft didn't completely change how he did things 13 games ago. He's preached the same thing, and done things the same way for a long time. You can hear it in his interviews right from the beginning of the year.

The Condors were a middling team on a 5 game losing streak 13 games ago. Same players, same skill level, same everything. But the team changed. They started to put things in to their games that get you team success.

Perhaps we as Oilers fans can learn something from that. Coaches have a job, but they can't do it successfully if the team doesn't want to put the right things in to their game.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Even with a 13 game winning streak they only have a 1 point lead in 1st place?Also, slightly ahead of Dallas Eakins SD team I noticed.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The Condors are a enjoyable team to watch. They dont give up much and they transition the puck really well.

Sekera looks very good by my eye. Of course we need to see how he does with NHL speed but his skating looks very fluid IMO. He will help this team when he does come up.
For me Jones is the best dman they have. When he was up with the Oil he looked an awful lot like Sekera to me. Now that I see both players on the same team the comp looks even more valid.
I think that he is a legit bottom pairing dman right now. Better than any of the bottom pairing dmen the Oilers currently have on the roster.
A Sekera / Jones bottom pairing would be an excellent 3rd pair for the Oil.

Last edited:

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Definitely sounds like a player's coach:

"He's been really open and speaking to guys, getting personal with guys. I've never really had a coach that wanted to get to know all about me like the way he does but he does it to everybody," said Ethan Bear, who has 20 points in 38 games this season.

"He's one of my favourite coaches I've ever had, honestly," said Cooper Marody. "It's a fine line between a guy you want to play for and also a guy you respect greatly.

"It's almost like when you come to the rink, you don't want to let him down. Everybody in the locker room is playing to make him proud of us. That's a great environment."

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The Condors are a enjoyable team to watch. They dont give up much and they transition the puck really well.

Sekera looks very good by my eye. Of course we need to see how he does with NHL speed but his skating looks very fluid IMO. He will help this team when he does come up.
For me Jones is the best dman they have. When he was up with the Oil he looked an awful lot like Sekera to me. Now that I see both players on the same team the comp looks even more valid.
I think that he is a legit bottom pairing dman right now. Better than any of the bottom pairing dmen the Oilers currently have on the roster.
A Sekera / Jones bottom pairing would be an excellent 3rd pair for the Oil.
The other thing I kind of like about Sekera potentially being back soon is it gives us PP options. Klef clearly has some lingering issues, why even risk him doing damage with his shot on the point?

Reactions: guymez

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
The other thing I kind of like about Sekera potentially being back soon is it gives us PP options. Klef clearly has some lingering issues, why even risk him doing damage with his shot on the point?

Never thought I'd be happy to see the shin pads assassin back on the top unit. However the idea of a decent distributor playing on the blueline has me excited vs. Klefbom and Nurse, who only really look to either shoot or re-set the play.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Never thought I'd be happy to see the shin pads assassin back on the top unit. However the idea of a decent distributor playing on the blueline has me excited vs. Klefbom and Nurse, who only really look to either shoot or re-set the play.
The thing with the shin pad assassin was he kept PK's honest. Guys had to play closer to the point, which opened up everyone else.

Granted our PP is good right now, it's just something he brought to us at one time

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
The Condors have some good incentive to win tonight, the Gulls and Cuda are playing each other, if Bako wins they're guaranteed to gain on somebody.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I got home and tuned in just in time for the 2nd goal and it was a beauty pass from Yamamoto to Russell. I've been calling out his effort and it seems he listened because he's been flying tonight. Good to see

Jones with 2 assists also.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I got home and tuned in just in time for the 2nd goal and it was a beauty pass from Yamamoto to Russell. I've been calling out his effort and it seems he listened because he's been flying tonight. Good to see

Jones with 2 assists also.

Yeah I’m watching. Nice goal.

Jones with 21 points in 30 games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad