Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
While mass has some effect on a shot, technique plays a much larger part IMO, not everyone who weighs 240 can wire the puck like Ovechkin.

True, but ther was a year that Luke Gazdic won our hardest shot. I will admit I know how to shoot a puck / ball, but a good part of it is knowing how to shift your weight.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Per twitter: Condors #AHL rankings: PP - 2nd (30.8%) PK - 4th (88.0%) GF - 5th (4.17) GA - 9th (2.83) SF - 2nd (35.33) SA - 2nd (24.33)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Man the Condors sure dont seem to play very much.
I believe the reasoning there is that they became a development league, or at least that one division went to that. So maybe they don't play as much, but they will be fresher if they called up, and I'm guessing they do more practices and workouts.

But yes, this is one reason why I don't mind us keeping Puljujarvi up instead of playing. When we did that that one year, he was missing NHL action but actually playing the same as if he were in the AHL. If we're doing that right now I'm fine with that. What he needs right now is not whatever development Bakersfield can give. He needs practice with the Oilers, and his main development would include building chemistry with players we have, such as Strome and Draisaitl.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Considering how excited he got when the Heat scored their first goal of the game, I felt pretty sure it was a Heat broadcaster.

Those highlights didn't show either of the Stockton goals. Gambadella scored to make it 2-0 then the highlights pick up again at 2-1. Day made it 6-1 then it picked up again at 6-2.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Those highlights didn't show either of the Stockton goals. Gambadella scored to make it 2-0 then the highlights pick up again at 2-1. Day made it 6-1 then it picked up again at 6-2.

Well all I can say is the highlights I saw earlier today most definitely did show the two Heat goals, and had their announcer screaming enthusiastically about them. Maybe they changed what that link had later on, but I know what I saw.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Well all I can say is the highlights I saw earlier today most definitely did show the two Heat goals, and had their announcer screaming enthusiastically about them. Maybe they changed what that link had later on, but I know what I saw.

Edit: Yeah I just watched it again, and they definitely changed the video feed to the home announcer. When I first watched it they had the Heat feed or something. Anyway, whatever.

Reactions: oilers'72

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Edit: Yeah I just watched it again, and they definitely changed the video feed to the home announcer. When I first watched it they had the Heat feed or something. Anyway, whatever.

You definitely got to enjoy it more than I did, that would've been hilarious to listen to!

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

That's the Heat version, which has all the goals. This was the one I watched earlier via the link I provided, which had the content changed later to the Bakersfield slant.

Guy sounds depressed right from goal #1 against, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad