Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Has the AHL schedule always been like this? Seems like having such a limited schedule would affect stats based on the talent level of the other teams in your division, or even their style of play.

Since the AHL expended westward, not only the opposition teams face are limited but the number of games were different. The Pacific division only played 66 games last season as opposed to 72 games in the other divisions. I'm not sure if there's still a discrepancy or not this season.

Another thing is that the AHL is a bus league (correct me if I'm wrong). Even years back, there wasn't anything close to a actual intra-divisional format. Can't recall the years or the teams but if a team wanted to do a long trip to take on some teams outside their conference, they'd actually want to get a group of other teams in their division to go along. I guess they could save some costs by going as a group. Not always would the teams they played make the road trip back for a home and home set.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
It's all but confirmed that the Colorado Eagles will be moving up to the AHL to be come the Avs top affiliate. Some are speculating that they'll join the Pacific division, moving San Antonio and Texas to the Central and allowing all the Pacific teams to have a 66 game schedule.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
2-1 Stockton after 2 in the season opener. Ethan Bear with the lone Condors goal so far with an assist from Puljujarvi.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We're out shooting the Heat 34-17 at this point and we're down 2-1. Unless our shots are Eakins corsi shots, Gillies must be standing on his head.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Shots were 20-5 for Condors in the 2nd but 0-0. Yikes.

Just from those highlights alone it looked like Gillies stood on his head and the Condors should have potted quite a few. I think thats a good sign more than anything as the goals should come if they play like that every night. Need to clean up the D zone a bit, but I think the additions of Jones, Bear and Mantha are going to help that teams transition game quite a bit.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That game basically came down to goalies. Condors absolutely dominated them last night

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
As much as I hate to admit it, I think the Flames have a very good goaltending prospect in Jon Gillies.

Yet another 6'6" behemoth playing goal, it's funny how many big guys play net these days.

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
So, who the hell is David Gust? He's got 2 goals tonight, currently 4-2 for the Condors. Pulju with 1 apple so far.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Malone is a good player.

Quiet game from Puljujärvi. 1 shot 1 assist and a +1.

Keegan Lowe having a decent defensive night.

Caleb Jones having a rough one - 2 thru 2

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Malone is a good player.

Quiet game from Puljujärvi. 1 shot 1 assist and a +1.

Keegan Lowe having a decent defensive night.

Caleb Jones having a rough one - 2 thru 2

Looks like Mantha is having a solid game too - couple assists.

Malone might get 30 NHL games this year as injuries hit. Looks like excellent depth.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not a good look for our goalies these last 2 games Pasquale tonight 18 saves on 22 shots, last game 19 saves on 22 shots.
Difference between the games is our guys are scoring tonight to help them out.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Not a good look for our goalies these last 2 games Pasquale tonight 18 saves on 22 shots, last game 19 saves on 22 shots.
Difference between the games is our guys are scoring tonight to help them out.
Way too early to draw any conclusions on that. The start of the year is usually when goalies play their worst and its been 1 game each. There's a reason every NHL season starts with a lot of high scoring games and then drops off considerably as defences tighten up and goalies find their groove.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Way too early to draw any conclusions on that. The start of the year is usually when goalies play their worst and its been 1 game each. There's a reason every NHL season starts with a lot of high scoring games and then drops off considerably as defences tighten up and goalies find their groove.
I wasn't drawing any conclusions, just that they have started rough

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Rough giveaway on the first goal against by Pulju. Looking like solid play but some really bad defensive breakdowns leading to goals against for the team. Lots of rookie D so that's going to happen.

Reactions: nexttothemoon

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Who is Caleb Jones D partner?

Jones is -4 so far and every other dman is even or plus in the plus/minus stat.

Somewhat of a remarkable feat to be the sole dman that far in minus. :)

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Who is Caleb Jones D partner?

Jones is -4 so far and every other dman is even or plus in the plus/minus stat.

Somewhat of a remarkable feat to be the sole dman that far in minus. :)
Bear was his partner tonight. There was a goal against in the highlight package where he literally just watched his guy skate in and score.

Rough start for him so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->