Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Considering that they hired Viverios who is a well know PP guru and they continue to run McLellan’s same set up from last season with 5LH & 5RH, I would not be surprised if your statement is 100% correct.

When was that the setup last year? Strome was on that unit once Letestu left, was he not? Nice to see both PPs rolling right now.

Would love to see Hebig make the team for his name. Was completely unaware that he was in the organization. But seems more likely that Marody or Benson would be the first call ups.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Condors lose 5-4 to the Eakins lead **** birds I mean Seagulls.

2-1-3 for Marody, 2 assists for Benson and a goal for Hebig.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
They out-shot the ****birds 49 to 23. :amazed:

Might be time to just bring up that Benson-Marody-Hebig line and play them as the 4th line haha.

It’s the first time in forever we have a truly promising core of young forwards in the AHL.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Yeah, Marody and Benson might be viable call-up options this year if we're looking for a spark of offense in the bottom 6.

Over their two seasons Marody has 9 points in 8 games, Benson has 8 points in 10 games.

Good to see some prospects translate to the AHL, finally.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nice. Good rebound after an exceptionally poor rookie camp.
Can't remember who said it, but there was someone saying something along the lines that in Junior you have 1 or 2 opposing players that can really shoot the puck. Once you hit the pros damn near everyone has a shot.

Getting use to the fact that there aren't a lot of easy shots to stop can be tough for younger goalies. That's probably why some can have so much confidence in junior and then fall apart once they become pros.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Can't remember who said it, but there was someone saying something along the lines that in Junior you have 1 or 2 opposing players that can really shoot the puck. Once you hit the pros damn near everyone has a shot.

Getting use to the fact that there aren't a lot of easy shots to stop can be tough for younger goalies. That's probably why some can have so much confidence in junior and then fall apart once they become pros.

Pretty much this. Most grown men if given enough time and space can fire off a pretty good shot. 16 and 17 year old kids compared to NHL level talents is a huge leap.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Pretty much this. Most grown men if given enough time and space can fire off a pretty good shot. 16 and 17 year old kids compared to NHL level talents is a huge leap.
It was such a simple point, but one I never really thought about. Your confidence might be down in a Junior game, but there is a very good chance that you'll get those weaker shots to regain it. Pro, you lose your confidence it's up to you to step up and regain it on your own

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
They also called up Jared Wilson with Skinner.

Lanky Calgary kid. Seems like a defensive defenseman with a big shot.

Signed out of RPI last year. Off to a good start in the ECHL this year(3 assists in 4 games). Might be an interesting AHL option.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It was such a simple point, but one I never really thought about. Your confidence might be down in a Junior game, but there is a very good chance that you'll get those weaker shots to regain it. Pro, you lose your confidence it's up to you to step up and regain it on your own

I’m 6 feet tall, 230 pounds, and a terrible skater but if left alone I can wire it pretty good, both wrist and slap shot. 16 and 17 year olds just don’t have the mass to put behind their shot.

Confidence is a big thing too. I’m glad he shook off his poor rookie camp.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Logan Day is starting to look like a pretty good signing.

He was the other Division 3 guy signed along with Larkin.

4 points in 5 games now.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I’m 6 feet tall, 230 pounds, and a terrible skater but if left alone I can wire it pretty good, both wrist and slap shot. 16 and 17 year olds just don’t have the mass to put behind their shot.

Confidence is a big thing too. I’m glad he shook off his poor rookie camp.
While mass has some effect on a shot, technique plays a much larger part IMO, not everyone who weighs 240 can wire the puck like Ovechkin.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
One thing a guy cannot fault Chiarelli for is overstocking the prospect cupboard. Happy to hear the Condors are filling the net against the Flames' second coming of _______________ (insert name of any HHoF goalie here).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad