Babcock's coaching method Vs Success

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Funny I bet that would describe most winning teams.
At least 2 great C's, a stud #1D, above average goaltending and a good supporting cast.
You know, like LAK, BOS, PIT, CHI all had as recent champs.
Glad to see that my my sayings have wings, man those just flew over your head huh?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Better than Babcocks last 8..
Babcock has also won a playoff series in those 8 years, so sorry to ruin your agenda but no, Quenvelle hasnt been then Babcock.
Too bad the stats proved your wrong. Didnt expect that, now did ya?

Apr 1, 2010
Glad to see that my my sayings have wings, man those just flew over your head huh?
well he won with the type of team that it take to win. nothing to do with him being a dinosaur, or any other insult you want to throw his way. he is a good coach. Once the LEafs get the supporting cast to fill out the line-up they will succeed. They have the other pieces.

I think it is my comments that have wings.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
well he won with the type of team that it take to win. nothing to do with him being a dinosaur, or any other insult you want to throw his way. he is a good coach. Once the LEafs get the supporting cast to fill out the line-up they will succeed. They have the other pieces.

I think it is my comments that have wings.
Can you follow simple logic conventions? I described the team dino won with to stress that he needed a stacked team to win and you reply “yeah that team sounds good to me” clearly something isn’t clicking here for you...

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
His Detroit history has to be taken with a grain of salt. By 2009-10 the club's 3rd best forward was Holmstrom and Lid was 39 years old. They hadn't drafted higher than #19 since 1992 so it isn't like he was working with a team on the rise. All those failed playoffs were not really with a competitive lineup.

Apr 1, 2010
Can you follow simple logic conventions? I described the team dino won with to stress that he needed a stacked team to win and you reply “yeah that team sounds good to me” clearly something isn’t clicking here for you...
YOU miss the point again grasshopper.
The team the DINO won with is no different than any other winning team. Why is Quennville a genius winning with a more stacked team than Babcock did, yet Babcock is a Dino?
Is Sullivan a worse or better coach because he has 2 of the top 4-5 players in the world in his line-up?

You don't get it. Even stacked teams don't always win. But Babcock has managed to Win once and make the Finals 2x.
And when Babcock did win he beat a pretty stacked team in PIT.
So try to understand, that saying a coach needed a stacked team to win, is akin to saying the sky is blue.

It should be no surprise that a coach needed a good team to win. Using that as a reason why he isn't good is ridiculous.

Apr 1, 2010
His Detroit history has to be taken with a grain of salt. By 2009-10 the club's 3rd best forward was Holmstrom and Lid was 39 years old. They hadn't drafted higher than #19 since 1992 so it isn't like he was working with a team on the rise. All those failed playoffs were not really with a competitive lineup.
I agree. Anyone calling those post cup and finals teams STACKED, is just foolishness.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
YOU miss the point again grasshopper.
The team the DINO won with is no different than any other winning team. Why is Quennville a genius winning with a more stacked team than Babcock did, yet Babcock is a Dino?
Is Sullivan a worse or better coach because he has 2 of the top 4-5 players in the world in his line-up?

You don't get it. Even stacked teams don't always win. But Babcock has managed to Win once and make the Finals 2x.
And when Babcock did win he beat a pretty stacked team in PIT.
So try to understand, that saying a coach needed a stacked team to win, is akin to saying the sky is blue.

It should be no surprise that a coach needed a good team to win. Using that as a reason why he isn't good is ridiculous.
:laugh: oh man i’m just going to leave this poor old man alone. Simply not computing for him.

Reactions: IPS
Apr 1, 2010
:laugh: oh man i’m just going to leave this poor old man alone. Simply not computing for him.
look in the mirror buddy.

IF you can't see how ridiculous it is to say, "He's a crappy coach. He can only win with a good team." then there is no help for you.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
look in the mirror buddy.

IF you can't see how ridiculous it is to say, "He's a crappy coach. He can only win with a good team." then there is no help for you.
Oh don’t start getting salty now, I caught you in a logic trap, it happens, move on don’t let it ruin your night. Its just the internet man...

Reactions: ToMaLe and IPS
Apr 1, 2010
Oh don’t start getting salty now, I caught you in a logic trap, it happens, move on don’t let it ruin your night. Its just the internet man...
what logic?
You are the one saying a guy is a bad coach because he can only win with a good team.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Babcock has also won a playoff series in those 8 years, so sorry to ruin your agenda but no, Quenvelle hasnt been then Babcock.
Too bad the stats proved your wrong. Didnt expect that, now did ya?
Compare how many series quennville won the last 8 years to Babcocks last 8 years.

Quennville is also proven with a young high flying squad.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
what logic?
You are the one saying a guy is a bad coach because he can only win with a good team.
No, i’m saying hes a bad coach because he can only win win a worldclass nhl team that had two 1c’s an all time great 1D, and a great goaltending combo. He hasn’t won anything in the NHL with a “good” team. Hes been irrelevant in terms of NHL achievements for nearly a decade now. You bab buddies need to learn that your boy is full of shit.

Reactions: ToMaLe and IPS
Apr 1, 2010
No, i’m saying hes a bad coach because he can only win win a worldclass nhl team that had two 1c’s an all time great 1D, and a great goaltending combo. He hasn’t won anything in the NHL with a “good” team. Hes been irrelevant in terms of NHL achievements for nearly a decade now. You bab buddies need to learn that your boy is full of ****.

LMFAO I suggest before you talk any more foolishness you go actually look at the roster and stats of the 2008 Cup team.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Compare how many series quennville won the last 8 years to Babcocks last 8 years.

Quennville is also proven with a young high flying squad.
You said Babcock 8 years to Q 4 years. Babcock has been better.
Quenvelle led a high flying squad to non playoff finish, so I guess yeah you are right he has proven more to fail.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Babcock is one of the all time greats but like other all time greats I hope he adapts and evolves rather than be stubborn.

Apr 1, 2010
MikeyG, just FYI, 2003 ANH made the finals on the back of J.S. Giguere. Believe he had a 70+ sv game v Detroit iirc. HE single handed got them through the first couple rounds. I was so impressed I went out and bought a MIGHTY DUCKS hat. Yes one of the goofy Disney ones. Wore it proudly.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
MikeyG, just FYI, 2003 ANH made the finals on the back of J.S. Giguere. Believe he had a 70+ sv game v Detroit iirc. HE single handed got them through the first couple rounds. I was so impressed I went out and bought a MIGHTY DUCKS hat. Yes one of the goofy Disney ones. Wore it proudly.

Giguere won the Conn Smythe despite the Devils winning the cup

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
You said Babcock 8 years to Q 4 years. Babcock has been better.
Quenvelle led a high flying squad to non playoff finish, so I guess yeah you are right he has proven more to fail.
..meaning quennville. He has been better in the last 8 years than babcock.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Can people stop saying 'he took a last place team to 6th in 2 years', he was our f***ing coach when we got last place. I don't think he's had 0 impact on the improvement but Jesus Christ he was here when we were last and when we were 6th, the variable that changed in that time was not our coach, it was the quality of our lineup.

And I do think that this team could've accomplished more, Babcock did not get everything out of the team. It could've accomplished less as well. But 1 more 1st round loss and I'm ditching the attachment to Babcock's successes 10 years ago.

Reactions: ToMaLe and SAMCRO44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad