When was the last time you cried because of a playoff loss?

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
2003 ALCS. Aaron F'n Boone.

I didn't cry but I was so angry. I had an anger problem back then and sports filled the voids that I had in my life emotionally. Playoffs were the most important things to me at that time in my life (early 20s).

Did you cry tears of joy when the Red Sox broke the curse the following year?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I cried tears of joy after the 2011 SCF. I don't think I've ever cried tears of sorrow over a game.

As for other emotions, I don't think I've ever been so angry in my life than I was the during the last minutes of Super Bowl 42.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Didn't cry but Ottawa's loss in game of the 2003 ECF is still the most devastating loss I've seen as a Sens fan.

Funny thing is, I would have gotten over it instantly if the Sens would have won a Cup afterwards, but alas, that never happened.

ncdoc

Oct 10, 2015
Every year I was crying in bed after sneaking in a radio to listen to NYI beat the NYR in the playoffs during their dynasty. Remember it, pre-TV pre-cable (at least in our home), that pain was real. Yes I am old but will never forget.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I didn’t cry but I was absolutely miserable for months after the Flyers lost to Tampa in game 7 of the Conference Final in 2004. They had the team to win the Cup but injuries forced them to play Sami Kapanen on defense.

Mr. Fancy Pants

Sep 20, 2002
Gifu
Visit site
Game 7 after the Kings beat the Leafs in 93. I was 11 years old. Montreal had already advanced to the final. It was the 100th anniversary of the NHL. It was destiny to have a Toronto-Montreal final. All Toronto had to do was win. And they would have had it not been for the best player of all time playing his best ever game.

Reactions: Rob

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Went to game 5 in 2012 against the kings. It was my first playoff game and the tickets were a gift for my 9th birthday. I got a puck in warm-up, a t-shirt from the t-shirt cannon, and the towel off my seat but we lost that game. I knew how close we were the previous year and I was devastated.

Reactions: Summer Rose

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I've never cried from something negative in hockey. Something touching in a nice way, like Sakic refusing to hoist the cup above his head, and get it over to Bourque ASAP did it, though.

Things like Daniel Carcillo getting lots of ice-time, just waiting for him to take a really stupid major penalty in key moments, like leading vs prime PIT, and then inevitably seeing Crosby, who played his very best hockey vs PHI turn the game around and lead to a series elimination were really frustrating, but definitely never felt like crying.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1714274974272.png

• Haha
Reactions: Stelio Kontos

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Game 7 after the Kings beat the Leafs in 93. I was 11 years old. Montreal had already advanced to the final. It was the 100th anniversary of the NHL. It was destiny to have a Toronto-Montreal final. All Toronto had to do was win. And they would have had it not been for the best player of all time playing his best ever game.

As a hockey fan that was an incredible series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad