GDT: Avs @ Yotes - 5:00PM - Zero Star GDT.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Grubauer yesterday and Francouz today even if they played a solid game for most part, you just cant allow those type of soft easy goals. Both happened in similar fashion too. Tie game late in the 3rd, just frustrating.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It'll be intriguing to find out what his agent thinks Barrie is worth. I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say he's worth less than he was last year

He's represented by Newport.

giphy.gif

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Grubauer yesterday and Francouz today even if they played a solid game for most part, you just cant allow those type of soft easy goals. Both happened in similar fashion too. Tie game late in the 3rd, just frustrating.
I can't even count the amount of times the Avs failed to get the puck out of the zone. I don't blame that goal on Frankie

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Tough to defend his play right now though. He hasn't been good since coming back from injury and is making a lot of dumb/lazy plays.

It's never just an attack on his play, though. See how I'm not defending his play? People criticize mistakes and talk about play, that's what we do here. That's fine. With Barrie, it always turns into a circlejerk where he's a terrible hockey player, he needs to be traded, the Avs would be better off without him, etc.

Players play poorly. Like it or not--and some people f***ing hate it--Barrie is the best actual defenseman at this point in all of his, Girard's, and Johnson's careers. Criticize his play, expect better of him, but some people just wait for their hatred to be justified. That's not an actual discussion, that's a circlejerk.

Reactions: Vk1ing

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It's never just an attack on his play, though. See how I'm not defending his play? People criticize mistakes and talk about play, that's what we do here. That's fine. With Barrie, it always turns into a ********** where he's a terrible hockey player, he needs to be traded, the Avs would be better off without him, etc.

Players play poorly. Like it or not--and some people ****ing hate it--Barrie is the best actual defenseman at this point in all of his, Girard's, and Johnson's careers. Criticize his play, expect better of him, but some people just wait for their hatred to be justified. That's not an actual discussion, that's a **********.

The last few pages of any GDT where we lose usually isn't the most sane place, and I think everyone should have those posts completely forgiven lol.

Reactions: hooverdam

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
The last few pages of any GDT where we lose usually isn't the most sane place, and I think everyone should have those posts completely forgiven lol.

That's fair, but there's definitely a group that uses that as an excuse.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That's fair, but there's definitely a group that uses that as an excuse.

Well as someone who was in the trade Barrie for Hamonic camp, and now am completely in the Barrie, Girard, and Makar (And Z of course) should be our D core camp. I get both sides.

The nice thing about the future will be that Barrie may actually have consequences when hes being a dumb shit.

Oh.. and I mean benching and shit not getting traded because Makar is better already. I think that is my favorite comment that gets attached to anyone who criticizes Barrie.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

It's not just GDT's though. I mean can you imagine the reaction if someone said they wanted Girard traded after a bad game... Oh man.

In saying this Barrie has been pretty crap for the last month or so.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It's not just GDT's though. I mean can you imagine the reaction if someone said they wanted Girard traded after a bad game... Oh man.

In saying this Barrie has been pretty crap for the last month or so.

I don't think I've seen it rehashed here lately. Which is surprising considering how frustrating hes been since returning.

Also arguing over dumb shit is part of the reason this place exists lol.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
It's never just an attack on his play, though. See how I'm not defending his play? People criticize mistakes and talk about play, that's what we do here. That's fine. With Barrie, it always turns into a ********** where he's a terrible hockey player, he needs to be traded, the Avs would be better off without him, etc.

Players play poorly. Like it or not--and some people ****ing hate it--Barrie is the best actual defenseman at this point in all of his, Girard's, and Johnson's careers. Criticize his play, expect better of him, but some people just wait for their hatred to be justified. That's not an actual discussion, that's a **********.
Unless we want to pay 8m a year to a defenseman who is only useful on the PP, he needs to be traded, or we need a seriously good defensive partner for him.

His offense isn't useful if he's not good enough to play with the top line. He can't take on the other teams top line. Macks line nearly matches up against the top line.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Unless we want to pay 8m a year to a defenseman who is only useful on the PP, he needs to be traded, or we need a seriously good defensive partner for him.

His offense isn't useful if he's not good enough to play with the top line. He can't take on the other teams top line. Macks line nearly matches up against the top line.

Well we'd be dumb to move him until one or both of Makar/Timmins breaks out. Especially with EJ being inconsistent lately too. I really want three guys who can move the puck to be the foundation of our D core. So in my mind Barrie isn't expendable unless Timmins actually breaks out, not Makar like a lot of people talk about.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yet another frustrating game. Avs rally to tie it up late in the 3rd only to lose the game again in regulation failing to get even a point. We've had a lot of games like this already this season.

Frankie has to make that save but he was otherwise very good. Still that's one he has to have.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yet another frustrating game. Avs rally to tie it up late in the 3rd only to lose the game again in regulation failing to get even a point. We've had a lot of games like this already this season.

Frankie has to make that save but he was otherwise very good. Still that's one he has to have.

Goaltending is f***ed in the NHL right now lol. At least it isn't just us..

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Well we'd be dumb to move him until one or both of Makar/Timmins breaks out. Especially with EJ being inconsistent lately too. I really want three guys who can move the puck to be the foundation of our D core. So in my mind Barrie isn't expendable unless Timmins actually breaks out, not Makar like a lot of people talk about.
For sure. He's under contract next year, so no rush.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad