Pre-Game Talk: Avs' week II: Kings, Kings, Ducks, Ducks - try II

How many posts in before this thread is turned on it's ear too?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So Byram's debut will probably be on the second night of a road back to back with Miska in net? I'm sure everyone, especially opposing fans, will remain calm and reasonable about whatever happens.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So Byram's debut will probably be on the second night of a road back to back with Miska in net? I'm sure everyone, especially opposing fans, will remain calm and reasonable about whatever happens.

Grubs will just start every game.

giphy.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Jost-Compher-Donskoi is a disaster waiting to happen, especially with Donk playing the way he is presently.

Jost-Compher-Namestnikov got eaten alive by the Stars in the playoffs. The effectiveness of the "roomies" is done. Largely because the best among them is now gone (yes, Kerf-haters, it's true).

Much like how it played out in the Bubble, that "fourth" line is going to be treated like a third line by Bednar. That third line will be getting no ice time and super-sheltered minutes.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ugliest jersey line I’ve ever seen. The stripes they added to 50%+ of the jerseys ruined all of them.

Yep, everyone thought piping was like the wave of the future or something. Made every single jersey demonstrably worse.

The worst by far were the abominations the Blues rolled out. Made it look like someone was peeing on them.

T15-16154_TJ_Oshie.jpg

Reactions: Gatorbait19

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yep, everyone thought piping was like the wave of the future or something. Made every single jersey demonstrably worse.

The worst by far were the abominations the Blues rolled out. Made it look like someone was peeing on them.

T15-16154_TJ_Oshie.jpg
I don't like the white and blue but this is significantly worse. How do you have 36 different colors of blue in one jersey?

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I don’t really understand where media talking heads that have been jinxing the team with hype get the idea that we have no weaknesses. I see a very average 2C, question mark in Saad, a 4th line that has to act as a 3rd line, and a bunch of passenger depth guys who don’t really fill a useful role (Jost, Compher, Donskoi), and a question mark in goal. Every winning team has some meh players but we really have a lot of them, carried by the big guns and now the D.

obviously it was beaten to death over the summer but we really do need a major upgrade at 3c and an upgrade in goal. and for long term competitiveness we better hope the scouts find some skill players to keep turning over our second and third lines now that were not drafting in the lottery.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don’t really understand where media talking heads that have been jinxing the team with hype get the idea that we have no weaknesses. I see a very average 2C, question mark in Saad, a 4th line that has to act as a 3rd line, and a bunch of passenger depth guys who don’t really fill a useful role (Jost, Compher, Donskoi), and a question mark in goal. Every winning team has some meh players but we really have a lot of them, carried by the big guns and now the D.

obviously it was beaten to death over the summer but we really do need a major upgrade at 3c and an upgrade in goal. and for long term competitiveness we better hope the scouts find some skill players to keep turning over our second and third lines now that were not drafting in the lottery.
Our 2nd line is more than fine for a cup contender, Naz is a very good 2C. The hole is 3c plain and simple and getting an adequate one will make Dong/JTC look better as it will give them less responsibility.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Kadri isn't an "average" 2nd line center. He should be more than adequate. He's not ideal, but he's good.

To me, an "average" 2nd line center is more along the lines of a guy like Carl Soderberg when he was in Denver. Not bad by any means, but when a team is ready to contend they'd need something better than that.

Sadly, Soda would be a very clear upgrade on either 3rd line center option the Avs currently have.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
So we signed another goalie for the AHL team... Sounds like Frankie is out long term. Rolling with Grub and Miska... OH NO

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Maybe the capspace Sakic opened up by moving Cole was to be able to swing a goalie trade? Either an upgrade on Miska and then carry 3 goalies, or an upgrade on Francouz with a higher caphit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad