Pre-Game Talk: Avs' week II: Kings, Kings, Ducks, Ducks - try II

How many posts in before this thread is turned on it's ear too?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Kaut

EsCJAS7XAAgCS79

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I don't think anyone here particularly "wants" to bury Graves, but rather, just trying to think of logical ways by which Byram can be accommodated in the lineup.

I think Timmins is in a bit of an unfortunate position, because his skill-set is a bit redundant on this defence.

Makar, Girard, Toews, and Byram (I think), can all defend and provide excellent puck movement.

Graves offers more size and physicality, which is why I’d like to see him remain in the lineup. Particularly when he plays like he did in game two.

Either way you have to find out what you have in Timmins and Byram, so they should be getting into a decent amount of games over the next month. The Avs need to figure out what their best top-6 is for the playoffs, so I understand that a variety of players will need to come in and out of the lineup.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Just get mentally ready for:

Toews - Makar
Girard - EJ
Graves - Cole

That's our real top 6 when everyone is healthy.

Reactions: Nihiliste and Avs

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
You know I'm right.

However, Bednar said he doesn't want players to stay for too long without playing so I'm expecting some kind of ongoing rotation between Graves - Cole - Timmins - Byram.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Watching highlights I see Girard looks faster than he did last year. I think his straight skating speed was stopping him from being elite offensively, and he may have fixed that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->