Pre-Game Talk: Avs' week II: Kings, Kings, Ducks, Ducks - try II

How many posts in before this thread is turned on it's ear too?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
The tough part is, it’s awfully early for teams to be trading a goaltender. Nobody is out of the race at this point.

The Stars may be out of it. I just looked at the standings, and they don't have any points yet.:sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, I think there is a group of a few teams that know they have no shot and would consider trading rentals early in the season. I'd put Chicago, LA, New Jersey, and Detroit in that category. Jonathan Bernier could be a good option as a rental.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
So still running with 7D. That can't go on forever, right? Eventually you just have to pick 6 defensemen and make up your mind.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
So still running with 7D. That can't go on forever, right? Eventually you just have to pick 6 defensemen and make up your mind.
There's probably an element of wanting to get some guys into the lineup early in the season to see what we have in them.

Gilbert, Pateryn, and Byram are unknowns to start the season, so getting them into the lineup with 7D lets Bednar have a look at them, before choosing who to drop.

Keep in mind that there's no preseason this year, so if guys don't get in the lineup early there's a possibility that they don't all season with Bednar not knowing what to expect from them on the ice in any given game.

Reactions: 5280

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They rolled 7 a lot when Girard was a rookie and it kept him in the lineup every night. If that’s the same plan for Bo then I get it. But with Burky coming back soon and presumably no more forward injuries they’ll have to make a decision.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
They rolled 7 a lot when Girard was a rookie and it kept him in the lineup every night. If that’s the same plan for Bo then I get it. But with Burky coming back soon and presumably no more forward injuries they’ll have to make a decision.
I nominate Compher to sit when Burakovsky is back. Bellemare's line is the 3rd line anyways, and that frees up Nichuskin and Donskoi for special teams and spot duty with Mackinnon and Kadri.

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
It's pretty unlucky that we haven't managed to find a single good 3C out of a promising group of players in Compher, Jost, and Kamenev. If even one of those 3 had lived up to their potential our forward lineup would be looking much more complete right about now. Hope we can get a 3C out of Bowers at least.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It's pretty unlucky that we haven't managed to find a single good 3C out of a promising group of players in Compher, Jost, and Kamenev. If even one of those 3 had lived up to their potential our forward lineup would be looking much more complete right about now. Hope we can get a 3C out of Bowers at least.

I wouldn't be betting on it. He had his struggles at center last season.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I wouldn't be betting on it. He had his struggles at center last season.

Based on what I gleaned off game stats, he didn't hit his scoring stride in Loveland until they shifted him to the wing.

I don't think he's going to be the answer unfortunately. He may yet be a legit NHL player, maybe even better offensively than what I was expecting, I dunno, but I don't see an NHL center there. The answer will likely have to come from outside the organization.

Reactions: Richard88

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Based on what I gleaned off game stats, he didn't hit his scoring stride in Loveland until they shifted him to the wing.

I don't think he's going to be the answer unfortunately. He may yet be a legit NHL player, maybe even better offensively than what I was expecting, I dunno, but I don't see an NHL center there. The answer will likely have to come from outside the organization.

He needs reps at center to see if he can get there. The game was just too fast and too complicated for him as a rook. That happens with many players, the move to wing simplified his game and allowed him start to play well again.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Kadri and Compher can't get their line going and it's creating all kinds of issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->